SlotForum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I bought one of these OCA bodies recently and was wondering if its a copy of an existing/vintage body. I've posted some pictures below comparing it to the Ninco version for an idea of size.

Its a bit 'sleeker' than the ninco and should be an ideal start for this car...

Mike Hawthorns drive for the 1958 Targa Florio.

If anyone knows please let me know

Best regards,
Marlon.

·
Premium Member
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (Coopdevil @ 17 Nov 2004, 20:26)You going to do the 'remodelled' nose and wing as well?

Coop
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Probably Coop but it won't be intentional

·
Premium Member
5,148 Posts
Indeed, these bodies are a rip-off of the old 1/29 scale Strombecker bodies issued in 1958. The quality of the casting looks OK for the outside but does not look so good inside...
The Ninco body is actually way too big too, and is less accurate than the Strombecker.
Regards,

Dok

·
Premium Member
1,780 Posts
Thanks for the info doc, appreciate it

I thought it must have been something like that as you rightly say the Ninco version is big and the OCA version is even bigger

I see A2M do a version also, anyone know how this compares?

·
Alan Tadd
4,030 Posts
Hi Marlon

I can't help with the size problem of the Ninco and the OCA one as I don't have either. I used the Resilient resins shell which was a very good casting. If you want some check measurements from that just let me know.

I found the OCA shells are best if you remove all the castings from the inside of the shell. I've recently finished their Lotus Elan, which was meant to fit onto the PCS 32 chassis. Fit it did but was about 10mm too high!. The only answer was to remove the whole of the internal castings and form my own body mounts.
Regards

Alan

·
Premium Member
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Alan, could you let me know the overall length and width of the resilient shell. I may have to change my plans as the Hawthorn car is LHD
and go for another version.

Great job on your 250TR by the way, which paint did you use?

Thanks,
Marlon.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
QUOTE (MAF @ 18 Nov 2004, 19:04)I may have to change my plans as the Hawthorn car is LHD

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I may be missing something here.... but that resin shell looks distinctly a left-hooker!

Coop

·
Premium Member
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
[/quote]

I may be missing something here.... but that resin shell looks distinctly a left-hooker!

Coop
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

Hello Coop, I was refering to the resilient resin shell which is RHD which I might go for if its a better scale as the one I've pictured above is a bit big. If that makes sense

Best regards,
MAF

1 - 9 of 9 Posts