SlotForum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here purchased any of the OCA body kits from Pendle Slot Racing? I really like the 300ZX kit they have but it says it fits a ProSlot GT3 chassis. Would it be possible to fit a TRSF chassis or any others to this body kit? Any other advice for these body kits would be helpful also.
Thanks.

·
Alan Tadd
4,035 Posts
Hi Lee

Hope you got my email.

The OCA kits are very good. I have two, the Nissan and the Lightweight e-type.

Neither required very much tidying up, but I did have to remove the two large blocks of Resin inside the shell. I guess these may be for mounting the Proslot chassis?.

Fitting a Sidewinder config, with a standard Mabuchi or slot.it motor is not easy as the body is fairly narrow. I would say it is more suited to an Anglewinder or Inline setup. The only reason I fitted one to mine was for the World Proxy Series, where arch extensions or guards were permitted.

I think the TSRF chassis would be far too wide, but a good bet would be the MRRC Clubman chassis, this is an inline but very good quality and is adjustable for Wheelbase. Fraid I don't know anything about the Proslot Chassis.

Regards

Alan

·
Registered
386 Posts
Alan,
Sorry I never did get your email but thanks for the info. I was thinking if I did use the TRSF chassis I would have to trim it to fit the body the same as someone did to make that chassis fit the Fly GT40. I suppose if it is too wide though it wouldnt work for mounting. I will look into the MRRC Clubman chassis or maybe just hang on until I can find a GT3 Proslot donor car.

·
Alan Tadd
4,035 Posts
Lee I think there might be one or two problems with your email account, I had both copies of the one I sent you returned. Is your mailbox full?

Regards

Alan

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi Lee

Have an OCA Ferrari 550 on order and just watching the mailbox waiting for it to arrive!

Hopefully i will be able to tell you what they're like real soon!

Was

·
Anthony Bartlett
3,255 Posts
The Oca kits are really good value for money in my opinion. There is not a lot of work that is required on the bodies, with the notable exception of the headlights. I built these two kits (although one is a topslot - with equally bad headlamps), and in hindsight, I would change the headlights by using clear lexan and throwing the ones that are supplied in the kits.
If there is anyone out there who has a better solution for the headlight covers - I would love to hear from you.
My Briefcase

·
Registered
979 Posts
abie321, the link isn't working!

I would really like to see the end results as I have a OCA kit waiting to be started and have just finished a Topslot Supra.

Cheers

Mark

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Hi Abie
We've been doing some headlight lens covers in the scratchbuilding section- check out 'Thermo-forming' and 'A new project'. Hope that helps. I see what you mean about your Ferrari ones!

·
Graham Windle
4,445 Posts
This is my F550 which is entered in the word proxy

might not look the same when it returns from austalia

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
abie321,

Dare I say, you're really puzzling me !

While the OCA body is the good one for the Red Bull livery
, the Topslot Prodrive was never run by the JMB team
. You could have used an OCA body to make the 550 (yellow and red livery) or have waited for the forthcoming Carrera car to make a second 575. The puzzling thing to me is the fact that the Prodrive body is so much more expensive than the OCA one (in fact a copy of a fromer Topslot body). If you allow me to say, as you appear to be so keen on FIA-GT cars (like I am !)
, it would have been better to choose one of the Scuderia Italia liveries ... Of course it's you that decide ...

Here are a couple of feasible liveries for each body :

Toplsot 550 GT3 :
- French Gt as supplied in the Topslot kit.

Topslot 550 Italtechnica (aka 550 Millenio) :
- IMVEST FIA-GT 2000 (done by Topslot),
- Red Bull (blue) run by the DART team (FIA-GT 2002),
- Igol-Bouyges-Gauloises (silver and blue) as run by the Force One squad (FIA-GT 2002),
- Pirelli (yellow and red) as run by JMB (FIA-GT 2003),
- Rafanelli (red fluo) (FIA-GT 2001).

There is a JMB car racing in the italian championship this year.

Topslot 550 Prodrive :
- red Prodrive (FIA-GT 2001, ALMS and Le Mans 2002),
- red Scuderia Italia (FIA-GT 2002, 2003 and 2004),
- Alphand car at Le Mans 2003 (light blue and silver),
- Veloqx cars (red) (ALMS and Le Mans 2003).

DMC has just released a decal sheet for the Alphand car.

Topslot 550 Rafanelli (modified Italtechnica car) :
- Olive Garden (green) run by the Rafanelli team in the ALMS in 2002 and 2003). Later on, the car became green and red (Coca Cola).
DMC have also produced a decal sheet for the 550 that raced in the GT class (the one where the Porsches and Modenas are competing) but no body of that car is available at the moment.

There is a last 550. The one raced by the german Wieth outfit in the FIA-GT. That body isn't available either .

·
Anthony Bartlett
3,255 Posts
Hi

thanks for all the info....

I based the car on pics that I have off the net (have added them to my briefcase link below). The prodrive version has the correct rear wing, and again in hindsight, I should have used putty to blank out one set of front vents, added a single large side air-vent, and the car would then have been very close externally.

Note the pics that I have added to my briefacse of the real car have copyright on them and only use then for reference.... !!! (now thats cma).....

interesting fact about the red bull car - was set up for the 2002 Spa 24 hours, and then did not actually race!! So in effect, the car never raced in these colours. Luca Ricatelli was due to drive the car - hence the red bull sponsorship....

Anthony......

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
The easiest way to make the difference between a Prodrive and an Italtechnica 550 is the front spoiler : the Italtechnica 550's have big holes on each side while the Prodrive 550 have none at all.

Regarding the Red Bull 550, it really raced ! They were too late for the Spa meeting but they raced it later in the season with Ricitelli and Quester as drivers. RWS entered a Porsche GT3 in the GT class category, but given its lack of success they stopped before Spa where they raced a Porsche GT3 in the N-GT class.

Luc

1 - 14 of 14 Posts