SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a youngster back in the 1960s, new year was always a bit of a downer following Christmas (as it still is..), but there were a couple of fixtures on the motor racing calendar in early January that perked things up a bit; the International Racing Car Show at Olympia in London and the Monte Carlo Rally. This model attempts to depict the 1965 Rootes works entry driven by Peter Hall and Ian Harper. They managed 1st in class and 4th overall in very snowy conditions.

Constructed using an Ocar shell, the model runs on a Penelope Pitlane in-line comp chassis and is powered by a Slot.it flat 6.

Pre preparation

Primer applied

Some added detail

Interior detail

Thank you for looking.

Dave

·
Tony Condon
3,044 Posts
Hi Dave

Lovely job,always a pleasure to see your work

all the best for the new year

cheers tony

·
Premium Member
3,095 Posts
Looks fantastic!!

How good is it on the track? Here I do not mean how fast, just how stable and how does it behave slidingwise?

Since we are living in an era of intense media, any chance of a video of it on the track?

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
Very nice Dave.
I always had a soft-spot for Rootes Group product - probably inherited from my father.

I have fond memories of the Racing Car Show in the early seventies.
As a teenager I went several years on the trot, and I always preferred it to the Motor Show.

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
Gareth; Many thanks for posting the superb video - I never realised electronic communications between driver and co-driver were used as far back as that.

Yes, it should read as Peter Harper/Ian Hall; Sorry about that Beancounter..!

StuBeeDoo; My dad took me to the Racing Car Show at Olympia several times in the late 60s and early 70s. I seem to recall there were slot car tracks there, but there were always massive queues and my dad was never patient enough to wait, so we never got to try any.

Thanks for all the positive feedback.

Cheers,
Dave

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
QUOTE (manitouguy @ 1 Jan 2012, 18:10) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>very nice indeed ..!!

i had posted an article on a rally tiger long long ago that you may find of interest

'a tiger for rallying'

how do you find working with the ocar bodies?? do you think the quality has improved over the years ??

cheers, Ron

Really good article Ron - thanks for that. Coincidentally, I'd been looking for a Road & Track issue with something in it about the Tiger. I have the Mike Taylor book; 'Tiger; The Making of a Sports Car' which has lots of detailed information about the cars origins and competition history - well worth getting hold of if your a fan of the car.

I bought the Ocar Tiger shell several years ago. It needed some considerable work, but I do like a challenge. I'm sure everyone will have their own opinion, but I feel the later Ocar shells are a little better and they're still relatively cheap to purchase, although do still require time and patience to complete.

Cheers,
Dave

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
HI Dave, thanks for your opinion on the ocar shells and glad you found the article of interest ...

here is another article i had posted from Sports Car graphic (i have the aurora model kit)

Sports Car Graphic Tiger Road tests

at the bottom they discuss, and i think, show the rare stripes option for the road going car - i think stripes were metallic silver

at any rate - what issue of road and track - i am sure i have that one too

cheers, Ron

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
As always David a very professional build.

I don't know anything about the car, it not being my cup of tea but credit where credit is due - its nice to see someone posting beautifully executed and finished cars.

Cheers
Andi

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.