SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, the October Club meeting takes place on the 12th October, at Yelling Village Hall, Yelling, South Cambridgeshire 7pm.

The usual 2 classes of Tyco F1 stock and Modified will be run.

See you there, who's coming?

·
Registered
124 Posts
i am their!

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thats a pity!!

·
Registered
437 Posts
I've got a pass out so I will be there now, albeit a little late as usual.

Jim

P.s did you have a nice holiday Tony?

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE (Jimb0 @ 10 Oct 2011, 12:47) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I've got a pass out so I will be there now, albeit a little late as usual.

Jim

P.s did you have a nice holiday Tony?

OK we will make the usual allowances!

The holiday was just fine thanks.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Good fun as usual last night guys! Good to see you all and great to see Roy looking better. I somehow managed to escape those massive crashes in the mod heats which let me get the pick of the lanes for the final.

Looking forward to next time.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Good nights racing again, please excuse the language (may put a bar of soap in my slot-car box ) for the next meeting. Really need to do some serious test with my MOD, i'm sure it will come good. Yeah Jimbo, great to see Roy again last night. Also there were some monumental pile-ups last night, most had nothing to do with me

Hopefully see you guys on S*****y who can make it.

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Thanks to all that made it, it was another lively night, laughs and crashes!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Top notch night guys. Really close racing and good fun as always. I really need to get my head around my mod.
Can't keep with you guys!

Might try to use my mega g as I was putting in faster laps with that in test. Just need some body clips.

Sorry for the colourful language. No excuse.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
There is a lot of mileage (obviously!) in the Mega G as a Mod car. Have a word with Woodcote who has been successfully campaigning his for the past couple of Mod rounds at WHO. He's made it into the A final everytime with the car and he swears it has a bent chassis and a duff armature! Gotta be quick if he straightens it!

·
Premium Member
1,009 Posts
The Circuit

Tony had been pretty liberal with the 6" bends in this month's circuit. The complex before the start finish straight was particularly tricky and made sure the marshals in that corner were never bored. During the brief periods between offs in that corner they had some fantastic SCHORC trademarked racing to keep them entertained!

F1

Six drivers were on the grid for this month's F1 class.

Qualifying

Paul Rose's recent effort's with his Tyco paid him dividends and he took top spot with an impressive 106 laps. Jim's monster drives in the blue and red lane put him in the second spot over four laps up from Tony in third. Al was fourth after struggling to get the usual performance from his Tyco and Lee and Steve finished off the field.

B Final
Lee snuck off to an early lead in the white lane leaving Al and Steve to scrap for the wooden spoon. Al suffered from a few late offs leaving him in last place. Steve finished just under half a lap up from him and just under a lap down from Lee who hopped up to the yellow lane for the A final.

A Final

A fine start saw Paul Rose leading a close field for the first few laps. A couple of early offs saw him drop back to third behind Tony and Jim. Pushing hard he passed Jim and claimed the fastest F1 lap of the night with a 5.161s lap. Tony managed to stay out of his reach though and claimed the top spot on the podium. Paul Rose finished second with Jim and Lee taking third and fourth.

Mod

Roy arrived just as the Mod class qualifying was getting under way to bring the field upto 7.

Qualifying

The field of Marchons were trouble much less by Tony's now notorious complex of curves and some fast and frantic qualifying ensued. Jim's Blue Peril was running extremely well and he qualified four laps clear of Tony who was once again running one of his many ballistic Marchons. Al's Porsche qualified just over a lap an half down from Tony with Steve, Paul Rose, Lee and Roy completing the line up.

B Final

After a close race an exhausted but elated looking Roy took the B final win from Steve by just 0.7 laps. Lee finished in third a few laps back from Steve and Paul Rose finished in fourth.

A Final

A confident Jim led the A final more or less from start to finish. Tony was pushing hard behind him but a few offs prevented him for getting too close to Jim and he eventually just under two laps down. Al had to content himself with third place a further lap down as he just couldn't match the pace of Jim or Tony. Roy kept Al honest finishing just over a lap behind him in fourth.

Once again thanks to Tony for organising another great and most of all fun night of racing in Yelling!

·
Registered
437 Posts
Great race report Al, excellent work. As mentioned elsewhere a great night's entertainment, nice photos! The tables are tight at the top!

·
Registered
648 Posts
Yeah, well done Al. There are some great photos of the evening as usual loved the laugh and racing at Yelling. Cannot wait for the next one. Over & out.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts