SlotForum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
redstar
1,601 Posts
Hi,

Here's a 1/24 scale Mini Cooper by the Japanese company Tokyo Plamo. It has a vacum formed prepainted body, and it's a rather rare & unusual car.
Hope you enjoy it.

Thanks,
Bernard

·
Slot King
2,646 Posts
Bernard

Nice find, I have a strange 1/24th vacform Ford Cortina which came with a Tokyo Plamo chassis, I wonder if it is from the same range.
Mine is rather overscale (too wide), is the Mini to scale?

Joel

·
Administrator
9,782 Posts
Very nice Bernard. The chassis looks a bit different from others I've seen, but can't tell that well. Is it like the cheap stamped aluminum 1/32 chassis with body mounts added, or one of their 1/24 chassis?

The body actually looks well proportioned, but can't tell about the scale. Any chance of seeing a photo of yours Joel?

Don

·
redstar
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Don & Joel.the chassis is totally different from the other 1/24th tokyo plamo cars i have. its also different from their 1/32 scale cars,its a 1 piece chassis in which the body mounts & chassis are 1 piece.the car is about the same size as the 1/24 ajs mini cooper,it seems close to 1/24th scale. to the best of my knowlege tokyo plamo made in 1/24th scale the following-brm p261 f1,ferrari 158 f1,honda ra272 f1,lotus 23,mini cooper,porsche 904,& a scarab. of course they may have made others like the ford cortina. no matter what we think we know there is always something that pops up to the delight of us all.
Joel can you post some photos of the ford ? thanks,bernard

·
Senior Slot Car Mechanic
2,230 Posts
I particularly like the "STAINLESS STEEL BREADS", a very rare feature, not many slot car kits had those.

·
Administrator
9,782 Posts
Not to mention the "highest quality ball bearing" - guess you had to buy the other one! (there are two ball bearings in the kit of course, but Japanese English is always a bit approximate!).

And Bernard's Mini seems to have a 36D in a box, while the one in the LASCM is just under a blister in the kit, interesting small difference.

Thanks for adding that photo Philippe!

Don

·
Premium Member
5,184 Posts
Bernard has to tell us if there is no motor blister under the boxed Mabuchi, or if the motor eas removed and another boxed one fitted in the space...
Then we will know if these was a variation.

·
Slot King
2,646 Posts
As required above, here are a couple of pictures of the vacform Cortina.

Quite rough as you can see. I don't actually know who made it. (It is byturate, which sort of dates it to the early 70s at the latest)
I once saw a japanese kit of a Cortina on Ebay (didn't save a picture sadly) there could be a connection.

Joel

1 - 9 of 9 Posts