SlotForum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From an old Strombecker Maserati 250F kit I am about to build Stirling Moss´ #28 race winner from Monaco GP 1956.

According to a bounch of B/W photos I was until recently convinced that this car was sporting a green (BRG) nose cone, like - for example - on Reims six weeks later.

But know I found this: http://f1.statistiker.org/Galerie/r/50

Any opinion on this subject out there?

/Holger

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
i personally like the all red, the green nose cone sounds yuk. there,s a few guys that have all the books, so you should get the definative answer soon. john

·
Registered
241 Posts
Holger,

I made one of these several years ago using a Mac Pinches shell and his lovely decals sat on a Scaley Maser chassis. The research showed all red with white numbers like this

Best of luck with your build

Cheers

Mel

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Guys - thanks, I am convinced. Plain red it will be. Hope to bring photos of the end product Sunday.

NB! Mel - great car, fine build.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mission completed!

But this is just a test. I have been a member of SF for several years now, but never ever managed to place a single photo on this media. Not sure what the result will be right now, but my young smart wife is desperately trying to help me.

If no photos occurs please give me a hint, what I have done wrong?????? And don´t blame my wife.....

Shell: Strombecker no. 8170-129
Chassis: A2M 15136E
Wheels: Cartrix 1030
Decals: Pattos

Strombecker shells are a less detailed and cheap solutions. I just got two for small money and the second is planned to be Scuderia Centro Sud #17 driven by Hans Herrmann at the German GP in 1958.

I prefer to use my pricey and superb quality shells from Penenlope Pitlane, Mac P etc. for my favorite year = 1955.

/Holger

·
Tony Condon
3,044 Posts
Hi Holger
Congratulations to you and your wife for cracking the mystery of posting pictures on the forum
look forward to seeing more of your work,especially that plethora of cooper T51s that you have purchased from me

cheers tony

·
Registered
183 Posts
Holger you might want to look for the other Strombecker Maserati that has the separate driver like the one below. Our club has a low power NC1 class of these type cars and they are our favorites with close race finishes every time. You can also trim the driver out and set him lower in the cockpit.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tony - thanks a lot. I shall do my very best

Moose - I was not aware of the fact, that there exists a second and more detailed version of the Strobecker Maser. I will start my search immediately.

/Holger

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Moose - I have a somewhat silly question.

Is your above Strombecker Maserati 250F in scale 1/32? Reason for asking is, that I found a much more detailed kit than mine, but it seems to be in scale 1/24.

How many different Masers did Strombecker offer?

/Holger

·
mac pinches
2,154 Posts
Here,s a shot of the car as published in "Car Racing " number 22 in 2005.
It shows the car at Monaco with an inset of the kit i produced of that car.

I think that confirms all that has been posted.
Cheers
Mac P

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Mac P - I agree
thanks a lot. I think case is settled by now.

Except for the question concerning the different Strombecker Maser kits?

/Holger

·
Registered
183 Posts
Hi Holger

The first kits were 24th scale, the one like I have is a Mexican(?)front motored Strombecker with the separate driver, you need to use a windscreen from the body like the one you have since I have never found one with holes for a windscreen, Tiny Motors in the US sells them The mirrors are Penelope Pitlane items. I have cut out the interiors/drivers and have put in other drivers in their place on the two burn victims that I have made into a Connaught and a Gordini since all the club members had mostly red cars for that class. A fly Viper driver with a different helmet and the standard Fly two piece driver fit pretty well. You do have to trim off the shoulder harnesses.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The second Strombecker Maserati 250F is ready.

Please see Hans Herrmann dicing with Cliff Allison in his Lotus 16 #12 during the German GP on August 3rd, 1958.

Enjoy.

/Holger

1 - 16 of 16 Posts