SlotForum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
C-----p once again yep were being bombarded with euro c------p Eurovision is here and time to get the scotch out and go anywhere without that on it.
As a musician i can honestly say with a few exceptions over the years it is the worst thing i,ve seen or listened to , so once again we put us up so our so called friends in Europe can take great glee in saying nil points to anything we do , and sometimes with justification, and i predict the winner will be Ukraine, just a hunch though.
I was going to say list your top ten but i could only think of one Waterloo not for the musical content though chuckle.

Greg Gaub
I get that you don't want to say it, but us yanks have no idea what you're on about.

Registered
I only used to watch it for Wogan as they'd let him go full throttle with the comments, I think last Act I paid attention to was Lordi back in about 2006 as they made it a full on Concert.

It's usually all Pop Poop to me which isn't my cup of tea and I'm still waiting for Katie Price to leave the UK after proclaiming she would if not allowed to enter Eurovision.

Administrator
Half an hour to go, getting excited :)

Premium Member
We record the program, zap through on fast forward then listen to Graham Nortons comment inbetween the tunes. Almost as funny as ol' Tel !
There is an amusing book by ( I think) Tim Moore called Nul Points, where he meets those contestants over the years whose score was a big fat Zero.( some were incredibly successful away from Eurovision)
The Ukraine song was almost as zany as Lordi, in a different style.
Vive La Difference!!

Administrator
Agreed, and for the UK to be winning throughout until the Ukraine public vote swamped everything was very exciting.
Of course Keith you were right in the end. But it was entertaining` ;)

Registered
Best Eurovision for years! Not just the fact that uk came second (and would have won it any other year) but I thought the quality of the songs was waaaaaaaaay better than it has been for the last decade or two.

And as for Moldova, Serbia and Norway. Where can I get some of what they smoke.....?

For non-Europeans, just google / youtube 'eurovision song contest' and then you'll understand (or not, as the case may be)...

'Say cheeeeeeese'

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It was as many know not my cup of tea so i did something much more interesting ( but don't tell the wife ) , i saw snippets on various news chanell's and yep as bad as ever , the UK chap reminded me of how we looked as a group in the 1980's , will he be remembered when the hype dies out for finishing second or will he just dissapear into the Euro ether.

Premium Member
will he be remembered when the hype dies out for finishing second or will he just dissapear into the Euro ether.
I'm sure that he will be praised to the, well what ever you/they praise to, every year when they show all the old entries as they do every year.

Administrator
I've never watched this 'cultural' extravaganza. Proud of it, too.
And there was me thinking you would have been into beetlemania...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts