Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Philip Insull
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys
Thought I'd post some pictures of a pair of Airfix bodied beetles that I've just finished off for the Wolves pre-70 saloon Classic next Sunday.
The one with the broken rear bumper is mine and the other one is mark Cockerton's. Mark had soldered up the chassis and I've finished off the bodies as Disney's "Herbie". Mark's body is an airfix re-release from a couple of years ago while mine is off an old Scalextric metro chassis car I've had for about 25 years! The decals on mine had gone yellow so I cleaned them off and kitted the pair out with some home brewed ones - re-coated them with Klear and hey-presto ready to race once more.

Cheers
Phil

·
Registered
434 Posts
So Phil someone else who fitted an Airfix Beetle to Metro chassis, I did the same, very usefull little donors the Metro but getting more difficult to buy at the right price!

Roger.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Great little cars! And low and behold I now know which chassis to use for the one I'm building at the mo. It will only be my second static conversion but the Skyline I did first turned out OK. Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
304 Posts
QUOTE (choc-ice @ 4 Oct 2011, 20:34) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Looks good, Phil!

Here's one I built a few years ago, 1:1 scale

Standford Hall, my mates red Ghia cab in the background. I was on the Cabbie club stand.

Nice pair of Beetle conversions, still on my to do list. Useful info regarding the metro chassis.

·
Registered
973 Posts
I did one of these on a cut-down SCX Ibiza chassis and it goes well. Trouble is, being a South London car, somebody's gone and stove in the back window!

·
Philip Insull
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE Useful info regarding the metro chassis

Well, yes and no - the metro pan can be made to fit ok but there is a very good reason for me taking it off and replacing it with a PP Inline competition plus and an NSR King motor - speed, or rather a distinct lack of it from the metro chassis version.
Cheers
Phil

1 - 8 of 8 Posts