SlotForum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
If any Australian or anyone is interested in some new ideas for building something different or if you are an Aussie looking to do some nostalgic race cars and liverys for super sedans and sports sedans old touring cars have a look on YouTube for (Super100MPH) and go the channel you will find hours of footage and ideas for your next build. Some of those super sedans have got massive wings and spoilers. Some unseen paint schemes and forgotten ones, or even just take a walk down memory lane. Here's a few pictures I took of the telly .
John.
Vehicle Car Hood Automotive design Automotive lighting
Car Vehicle Tire Wheel Toy
Vehicle Car Hood Automotive design Automotive lighting
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive design
Car Vehicle Tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Jim Richards Sidchrome Mustang (earlier period) would be a good one. There are other that would be great to do but probably difficult. Not a sports sedan but I wonder if anyone has done a Matich SR3 or SR4. The Moretti Porsche (which I think was in that Calder footage you’ve referenced there) has been done of course, the Chev Monza sports sedan driven by Brock (think it belonged to Bob Jane) would look cool and might be a possible conversion from the Carrera offering of a similar shaped model. I really liked the support races to international events in the late 80’s in Australia with combined sports sedans, and GT sports, that was just phenomenal to watch on the telly.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes,the more you watch the more possiblitys keep jumping into your head, some of those back markers cars could be interesting to do ! Wish I was better at making my own decals and design's. Hopefully it will give you more talented people some inspiration!
John.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Trisha, some of that racing I guess would not have been televised anywhere else in the world back then,
so it's probably will be new to a lot people outside of Australia.

Phil have you got a website i can have a look at your body's? I'm interested in some 1/32 cars but would love it if there 1/24 . In any case I would like to see what you have!
John.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Apart from supports at Adelaide F1 and Gold Coast Indy I’ve only seen video of this stuff thanks to you tube.

Winton 1982 unsure of photo credit.

Car Tire Vehicle Wheel Vehicle registration plate

AJ of course in front.

(Rusty French’s 935 K3’s would also make nice slot car(s))

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
John:
I have cast the Corvair in resin some time ago..My version won the Auslot Proxy series some years ago.
As for the SR3 and SR4 I have moulded both of them.I think I still have SR3 kits still in stock.
There are so many great looking Aussie cars but the SR4 is right up there. I only became acquainted with it through photos, my Dad would rave about what an experience it was to witness/see/feel/hear it.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have a 3d file of one of these wouldn't to hard to extend the front spoiler and change the wing on a Plafit chassis and BRM wheels! No no no not until I get some of the cars finished I have put on the back burner. But yes that would be great to do!👌
John.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes a bit of a cut and shunt here and there , find some parts of other files and then extend the spoiler, why take things so literally Kevan.
It's something that could be done by manipulating the original file. Is that better!
John.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts