SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi new to this site and digital slots, just bought an old c7042 the dragon went wild when she saw the cost! so trying to justify £30 for a cable would be madness, is there anyone in the midlands who could upgrade my unit, i will gladly cover any cost, thanks rob

·
Prof I T
11,162 Posts
Hi Rob
I'm midlands based, but cost of postage either way is going to be a third of the cost of a cable, and you'll need the cable to hook up to a pc to get the best race experience for the base...

I might be able to get you a cable secondhand if that's any use but again £15 or so plus postage, best scenario is just to grow some and bring the shoe handbag collection to the table.. Lol..

The cable new is a bargain when you see what it offers..

·
Greg Gaub
14,984 Posts
Upgrading the base does very little benefit without the cable to then connect it to a PC for race management. Hopefully you can justify the purchase of the cable some how,

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Rob
I'm midlands based, but cost of postage either way is going to be a third of the cost of a cable, and you'll need the cable to hook up to a pc to get the best race experience for the base...

I might be able to get you a cable secondhand if that's any use but again £15 or so plus postage, best scenario is just to grow some and bring the shoe handbag collection to the table.. Lol..

The cable new is a bargain when you see what it offers..
hi thanks for quick reply, i was thinking more of a flying visit more than post, i live in Shirley near Solihull, only had the base for 2 days, so still playing. but its not just the £30 cable i have already spent over £200 and only have 3 digital cars, so more needed, maybe i should slow down a bit and see how much use it gets over the winter. i play alone (billy no mates) and thought the pacer cars would help
if you don't mind i will contact you soon and take you up on the offer of a cable
thanks again rob

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Upgrading the base does very little benefit without the cable to then connect it to a PC for race management. Hopefully you can justify the purchase of the cable some how,
hi, thanks for the reply, have watched all your videos and that's what made me go for this base, i thought it might benefit the base to have best up to date software, but it works well as it is, thanks again rob

·
Greg Gaub
14,984 Posts
It's not a bad thing, but it adds very little to the actual functionality. The most memorable, for me, was lower power settings options than original. Useful, but not critical.
That said, hopefully someone nearby pops up and offers a quick, free upgrade for you.

·
Prof I T
11,162 Posts
Hi Rob
It's worth doing even if you don't connect to pc just to get the digital side running with one sensor only as this gets rid of missed counts..

On the meantime I've contacted a mate who still has a cable, let's see if he wants to sell it, I'm only 40 mins from you..

Let's see how it goes, even if no sale I'm sure I can lend it and update your base while you wait...

Reactions: MrFlippant

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Rob
It's worth doing even if you don't connect to pc just to get the digital side running with one sensor only as this gets rid of missed counts..

On the meantime I've contacted a mate who still has a cable, let's see if he wants to sell it, I'm only 40 mins from you..

Let's see how it goes, even if no sale I'm sure I can lend it and update your base while you wait...
either way would be great, thanks for your time hope to hear from you soon

·
Prof I T
11,162 Posts
Hi Rob
Made contact but he's away for a fortnight so can you wait?

Ps, forgot to ask, do you have the lcd display screen with your base? If so just wondering if the update has already been done, if you have it plug it in and keep an eye on version number at the bottom of the screen on boot up...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi Rob
Made contact but he's away for a fortnight so can you wait?

Ps, forgot to ask, do you have the lcd display screen with your base? If so just wondering if the update has already been done, if you have it plug it in and keep an eye on version number at the bottom of the screen on boot up...
yes of course no rush, yes have the screen its on .85 so not updated. thanks speak soon rob

·
Prof I T
11,162 Posts
Hi Rob
A cable will be in the post to me in the next couple of days, it's yours for free (y), once it's arrived pop over with your base, screen and a psu, I'll do the update and you can leave setup with the cable...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi Rob
A cable will be in the post to me in the next couple of days, it's yours for free (y), once it's arrived pop over with your base, screen and a psu, I'll do the update and you can leave setup with the cable...
hi Ade
that's brilliant, thanks so much for all your time and effort, must give your mate a drink at least and you are on my xmas card list
going to my van for a few days will be back next Tuesday so please message me the best time to call to suit you next week
so with that saving i will definitely buy the ssdc program can i do that at yours? i am brain dead with computers
thanks again Rob

·
Prof I T
11,162 Posts
Yes, we can sort something out 👍, good news the cable is the latest one with the led's in the USB shell that confirm connection...

We are on staycation next week so a day time or evening visit is possible... Let me sort out what days we are having out and I'll let you know 👍.

If you want the program then you'll need to bring a laptop, I can then install bootloader and I'll update the base from your laptop, also download the free trial of which ever race management system you prefer..

Reactions: MarkC66

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes, we can sort something out 👍, good news the cable is the latest one with the led's in the USB shell that confirm connection...

We are on staycation next week so a day time or evening visit is possible... Let me sort out what days we are having out and I'll let you know 👍.

If you want the program then you'll need to bring a laptop, I can then install bootloader and I'll update the base from your laptop, also download the free trial of which ever race management system you prefer..
oh no the shaft goes deeper i thought there was only one rms just looking now at an old mr flippant list will read and try to decide before i come over, see you next week

·
Prof I T
11,162 Posts
There are two main ones, both with trial 30 day period, I can talk you through the benefits of both of them 👍 and also mention the others...

As your interested in pace cars rcs64 would suit that need the best and has a fantastic library of customisable sound files for lap sounds, pit in sounds etc..

Sssdc was my preference as I like the GUI, it was easier to read when I had six racers for race meetings, so the pace car feature never got used, its the weak point of this program..

You've got heaps of fun awaiting you once the base is updated and you start running RMS programs 👍.

Reactions: MarkC66

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
There are two main ones, both with trial 30 day period, I can talk you through the benefits of both of them 👍 and also mention the others...

As your interested in pace cars rcs64 would suit that need the best and has a fantastic library of customisable sound files for lap sounds, pit in sounds etc..

Sssdc was my preference as I like the GUI, it was easier to read when I had six racers for race meetings, so the pace car feature never got used, its the weak point of this program..

You've got heaps of fun awaiting you once the base is updated and you start running RMS programs 👍.
hi Ade, sorry only just saw your post yes i agree the rcs64 looks like the one, just watched all the vids on YouTube, lol i spend enough time in my shed as it is but it will keep the boss happy

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hey matrix,

As a newbie to race management software I can vouch for RCS64(I still haven't had much of a play with SSDC yet), I had a bit of trouble with add ons and initial setup but once I got that sorted, had a bit of a play and was having more fun in a week than I had with ARC Pro in a year.

The great thing is you don't have to suffer in silence, there are that many helpful people here, if you have an issue, it's going to be sorted in no time(and that includes help from the initial developers of the program)

Good luck mate, your journey is about to get a shed load more interesting.

Regards

Mark

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hey matrix,

As a newbie to race management software I can vouch for RCS64(I still haven't had much of a play with SSDC yet), I had a bit of trouble with add ons and initial setup but once I got that sorted, had a bit of a play and was having more fun in a week than I had with ARC Pro in a year.

The great thing is you don't have to suffer in silence, there are that many helpful people here, if you have an issue, it's going to be sorted in no time(and that includes help from the initial developers of the program)

Good luck mate, your journey is about to get a shed load more interesting.

Regards

Mark
hi Mark thanks for your reply , yes i hope so, i have memories as a lad in the 60s playing, and just thought i would buy a small kit see how it goes, well i have gone mental, i mean digital, its like a money pit, hope it all pays off over the winter

·
Prof I T
11,162 Posts
Hi Rob
If your looking in favour of rcs64 then please download it before you pop round, it takes a while to download so will save a fair bit of time 👍

1 - 20 of 25 Posts