Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last saturday I have found these old kits made in Japan by Otaki; I think they were made in the '70; with Slot - it HRS chassis they could be very nice and fast.
Moreover, they are 1/28 scale! A perfect match with Vanquish, and both Can Am cars.
Someone Knows them ?

Ciao

·
Phil Smith
4,534 Posts
The box says they are 1/28 but they are all various scales, as they were all made to fit the same size chassis (a battery powered free running thing)

Some are nearer 1/32 and the Shadow AVS was just about spot on 1/24 !

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you Phil but the cars are in the same scale, as you can see, and well comparable to Vanquish.

Ciao

·
Russell Sheldon
2,855 Posts
That is a very nice collection, Sprint. Regardless of scale, I love Can-Am cars!

It's interesting that the Ferrari 712 depicted on the box is quite different to the model you get inside! You may be interested in seeing a built version, converted to a slot car. See here.

Otaki also made an AVS shadow in this range and a couple of other Can-Am and Japanese Group 7 sports racers as well.

Phil, I really like the Nissan. Could it possibly be a Bandai or AHM kit? From the photo below, it appears that the number 18 car had a red wing:

Either Bandai or AHM (or both) also did some nice Group 7 and Prototype cars, such as the Toyota-7.

Kind regards

Russell

·
Phil Smith
4,534 Posts
Yea, I had some pictures of a diecast model and it had a red wing so your (great) pic. confirms this, also notice the unusual split in the rear wing. That'll have to be modeled!
As I said, I got this Nissan as is, and I will be doing some detail work to finish it.
I have already got the chassis finished, Monogram and Pitman, which should take advantage of the Bordeaux 1/32 track.

·
Russell Sheldon
2,855 Posts
Hi Phil

I hope that you manage to get that beautiful Lotus 49 that you were building for the Marconi Proxy Race finished in time!

Please post pictures of the completed car. Beautiful workmanship!

Kind regards

Russell

1 - 12 of 12 Posts