SlotForum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Frederick
1,054 Posts
Hi Once Again

To me Scalextric is one of the best brands of slot cars (Fly owners might argue about that). And they have never disappointed me with the cars looks or performance. And now once again they have brought out some great cars to the shelves with plenty more to come later this year. I'm talking about the old F1 cars from 1957.

The Green Vanwall No.10 and the Red Maserati No.1 are probably 2 of the most interesting cars Scalextric has brought out. Not only are they fun to drive and fun to look at but they are also really fun to hold in your hand because of their small size. I haven't actually got any of these cars yet but I can't wait until I have.

I personally prefer the Vanwall but you might like the Maserati more. And the old F1's don't stop there with 6 more ones coming out later this year. They are another livery of the Vanwall, another livery of the Maserati, 2 Coopers and 2 Ferraris. So by the end of the year you could own 8 classic F1 cars. To me I think one is just enough.

So what else can Scalextric do about these F1 cars? Well at the minute they've only brought out British and Italian old F1's so maybe in 2006 they could bring out some French and German cars too.

Well that's what I thought about them. What do you think? This thread is open for anyone who has an opinion about old F1 cars that are out now or old F1 cars to come later in the year. Tell me what you think. I think they're one of the best moves by Scalextric I've ever seen.

·
Frederick
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your opion pault86. I still can't waiy for more cars to come. I didn't actually know Lotus made cars back then and I have no ideas about how they look. Hopefully you can try and send me a picture of the car then I can see if it would look good as a slotcar model and if Scalextric should make it in the future. I also hope they make these cars in the digital range so that one day in the future when lots of Scalextric Old F1 cars are out you could have your own classic grand prix race. Send me some pictures if you can. Write back to me if you think there's anything else you can tell me.

·
Frederick
1,054 Posts
Thanks for the info ProfFate. So your basically telling me about the classic f1 cars and when they were about and which cars they were out with and etc.

·
Frederick
1,054 Posts
So the motors Scalextric are building for their MOTOGP bikes are the same motors used for the 60's formula 1 cars they're making. That sounds interesting BEEJAY7.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts