SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In our club we drive the old ninco cars with nc1 motors and no magnet(alfa 155, mercedes C, opel calibra). One funny thing i have noticed is that the old nc1 motors all seems to be a little faster than a brand new nc1.
Have anyone had that experience too ?

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
No but I`m glad you told me. We tend to go for an RX 4 as a mod as they are smoother. Makes the Ninco Jag go smoother but still retaining lower speed. Very close racing too

·
Jim Moyes
5,068 Posts
Ole,

We find a similar thing at our clubs, but the whole car not just the motor. Those early NC1 powered cars just seem to get better and better the more they are used. If somebody brings a new car along to race, it needs a couple of meetings before it gets on the pace.

Shame I can't say the same for the NC2 ones!

Mr.M

·
Registered
386 Posts
Hi

I have a bunch old and new of he NC1. They all vary in my collection Plus/minus about 12 percent around a baseline. The RX41 is of similar performance, and to me, there is no reason not to run them together. SOME people will prefer one or another. Personally I pre-fer the 41, not due to speed, but because if I have a good one, and it wears, i can rebuild the bushings and brushes and keep the good one running. NC1s with their leaf brush system have the timing change constantly and when they wear past a certain point are gone forever.
Both of these motors are so low stress mecanically that, except for the difference in brushes, could run, in a practical sense, for about forever. I kind of like that. I have cars that I like with more than40 years on them. I have no hope of any of the S cans surviving 5 weeks after the last of the replacement motors disappear.
Both motors are commonly used by clubs who are facinated by the concept of "fair and equal racing" usually defined by the limits of the guy running the group. Always fear driven (he might be clever and beat me with something I cannot figurer out....well and I am so wonderful he probably cheats to beat me).

Fate

·
Nobby Berkshire
2,015 Posts
I'm a bit confused here! SCX RX4's are very slow and sluggish motors. I've got two as replacements in two TeamSlot Alpines. Worst thing about them is that they are not equal in terms of performance and build quality. I'd not touch them with a bargepole again! And they're a totally different size to NC1. Agree that the NC1 is considered a good motor. Far faster (by about 2000revs?) and more responsive that RX4. Upgrade NC1 with OzRace 18500. Best cheaper NC1 size motors on the market.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Sean is the don! sorry, just rather chuffed that I have now figured how to get videos on the site
fergy that means..

hmm.. I would rather have an NC1 but then again I get bored and evo3's start falling from the shelves

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
I was always told but don't ask me who by, that the early NC-1s that didn't carry a black "Ninco" wrapper were a little more fruity than the later ones that did.

Two of my Merc C class cars carry the anonymous can and are more peppy than my others.

The more track time a motor gets the more it frees up, the more you get to grips with the car, the faster it goes. Good excuse to go to the track really.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Hi

Ya, my early Nincos did not have wrappers. Local club decided on NC1s all the time because they were under the assumption that a)the wrapper prevented opening the motor without evidence, b)that the label stated the same rpm on every motor and that made them "equal".
Being who I am, i take everything apart, I can find no mechanical difference between old and new and unwrappered NC1s, just quality control differences.

The local club took two races to figure out that my son was running a Scalex Subbie in the sedan races with an NC1 with an intact wrapper and a reversed shaft!

Fate

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
All of the NC1s are the same in terms of performance. In a race I have found that an RX4 will always will over an NC1 due to the increased braking, torque and top end.

As the saying goes "Anyone can drive a slow car fast, but not everyone can drive a fast car fast", this means that Schumacher and I would be closer if we were driving Metros around Imola than if we were in 2003-GAs. My point is that as NC1s are so goddamn slow racing is close as you are flat out most of the lap, and almost everyone can do this.

If you want to find out who is best put fast motors in the lot....

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
I reckon the NC 1 is a great motor and very reliable, quick enough too in terms of scale speed. We race the NC 1 only fitted to any Ninco GT car during our 24 hour race and It`s great

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.