SlotForum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Gary Skipp
6,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do I dispose of one of these buggers?

I've been trying to wedge the mag off my F40, but to no avail. Help would be appreciated!

Thanks.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Hmmm, any pix? If the mag sits in a pocket underneath, then, with the body off, the chassis can be flexed slightly so that a small, sharp flat screwdriver can be used. If its a puck in a well inside, there is usually a hole on the bottom where a small punch can be used to force it up and reachable in the well. Also, if you can grab the mag with a pliers, a twisting force can pop them off the surface. Usually it doesn't take much. I haven't damaged any of my cars with these techniques.

Take your time,

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
LMP, good advice as always from the guys above.
You might like to take a look at a similar question from about 3 months back.
The link will take you straight to a post about CHISELS! , which is NOT as daft as it sounds! Some methods end up breaking the magnet and you might not care (most people don't), but if you do, then take a look see. The whole thread is worth a good read - there is tons of interesting and useful information there.

(Thinks . . .'there IS' or 'there ARE' tons? Ah the hell with it - it's interesting anyway!)

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
QUOTE so you wont want it
Probably not, as I suggested, but you MIGHT - waste not want not!

Possibilities are that you want to return the car to original condition for a box standard race, or maybe use it in another car that you accidentally lost or broke the magnet and need to refurbish it - wouldn't you just HATE to spend money on actually BUYING one of those!

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
A curiosity!
If you say "There's tons of info", it actually 'sounds' ok.
But I am sure that are is technically correct.
Then we can get into the debate on whether they are American short tons (2,000 lbs?), Imperial Tons (2240 lbs), or metric tonnes (2204 lbs - 1,000kg)!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts