SlotForum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pardon my ignorance but I thought this hobby was gone, imagine my surprise when I saw racing on youtube. Back in the late 60s early 70s, I lived at the slot car track. I melted many controllers not wanting to stop racing till I finally go my controller with a heat sink. Build my slot car box in wood shop class so I looked all professional and did well in local races. It wasn't till a national came to town that I realized there was a whole other level. I volunteered to help out at one of the corners and a racer befriended me and gave me a motor he rewound and I rarely lost a local race after I put that motor in my double flipflop chassis. The track eventually closed and I was crushed. Now, I'm an old fart and still harbor many fond memories of my slot car days. Might just have to build a track for the grandkids and me so I can kick their little asses...lol Thanks for adding me.

·
Registered
359 Posts
What is a double flip flop chassis? What scale did you race?

Keep in mind that six year olds will have more fan crashing so have less desirable cars for that. :) If 1:64 scale check out AutoWorld at Hobby Lobby for an affordable reentry into the hobby. (People like to complain about AW cars and track but it's quite fun and tunable.)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts