Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a 100 ft. roll of Stik Trak braided conductor at a yard sale and bought it, not really knowing what it is. It sure looks like the stuff we used on our old slot car set we got for Christmas back in the early 60's. If one of your folks could use this roll, pmail me and I'll see about getting it to you

Thanks

DM&FS

·
Administrator
9,651 Posts
Thanks for the kind offer DM!

If I remember right, this was a Cox product that had the glue on the braid, and you activated it by pressing on it with a soldering gun with a special attachment.... not sure the glue would still work (it was from about 1965!), but a collector might be interested in having the roll. And it could probably used with new contact cement as well...

Of course, maybe it's something else... are you in the UK, USA, or ??

Don

PS/ to answer your original question, yes, this type of braid is still used today on routed wood slot car tracks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don: Thanks for the quick response. Cox brand rings a bell, but didn't see any such logo on the roll. It itill has what i believe to be its original rubber band holding the roll intact.. I am in the US....Iowa to be specific. According to the Web, there's a place in Boone that has a slot car track still. Sounds like its's tied into a pizza place. Next time I'm near by, I will stop by to see if its still active. The email I sent to the site a couple months ago as yet to be responded to. I may just put it on ebay for .99 cents USD and see what happens.....thought I'd give some "vintage folks" a shot at it if they were building or adding on....

Thanks again

MAx

1 - 3 of 3 Posts