SlotForum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Senior Slot Car Mechanic
2,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is one of the first kit built slot cars I ever assembled,it is a Monogram Cooper Ford,from about 1965.

Car was brush painted with Testor's Metalic Blue paint,and is essentially unchanged since that time,other than service items.

I raced it hard for several years when it was new,and it has run almost continuosly from that time to the pressent.I even sent it down to the 02 Marconi Proxy race so a bunch of strangers could have a go at thrashing it around.

OK,here's some pics.

· Senior Slot Car Mechanic
2,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE Is that the original motor? I seem to remember an endbell drive 16D in the one I had in the '60s.
Yes,well spotted,and there is a story attatched.

I was trying to find some cars to send to the 02 Marconi Fest,and,being the weird soul that I am,I purposely try to send totaly non competative stuff that is eithere totaly weird,or different/unusual in some way.

Yes,the car was originally 16D powered,but on rechecking the Rulz,I noticed that the clearance stipulation was 1/8 inch.Not gonna happen with the stock motor,so,after a bit of head scratchin,I remembered seeing where somebody had dropped a 13uo into a Monogram chassis.I plopped it in,and viola,1/8 ground clearance.Have just not bothered to change it back to orriginal.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.