SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 200 Posts

·
Bill
2,888 Posts
Couldn't help but share a photo of a visit to Old Spa's track this evening. Wow, it's really wonderful to see great Model RRing skills put into a slot track.
Absolutely beautiful, and a blast to drive. (And, it really teaches you to stay on the track, but I learn slowly). One memory of the visit, here are my two newer Fly Porsche Carrera 906s at the Old Spa:

·
Registered
468 Posts
Thank you jmswms for posting the picture and additional kind comments regarding Old Spa. Let me say that one of the real pleasure of this hobby is to be able to finally meet members of the forum. For those of us who have followed your project(s) and adventures, it has been a real joy to get to exchange ideas across the table. Wish I could have the whole forum over, but I guess that's what pictures are for. Anyway, thanks again for the kind remarks-and to forum members also who have added their positive responses. I'm sorry that I don't have a web site or other links to the track, but maybe some day I'll join up with the digital age-on second thought, probably not. Anyway, thanks again, and to all members, if you have a chance to meet jmswms, don't hesitate-he's a great guy! A great modeler as we all know, but also a most pleasant and civil individual. And yes, if you go off at Blanchimont only bad things happen.

Thanks again for the visit.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
That's beautiful work!! Very impressive indeed!

·
Bill
2,888 Posts
One more visit to the Old Spa today and tried to document the track a bit more. There are some parts that are still in progress, but the track seems to me to be a nice balance of realistic modelling and practical modeling. There's always the question of whether one wants a track to be simply a diorama, or something that you can race on. This is a fun track to race on, and a gorgeous track to look at. Thanks again to "Old Spa" for his hospitality, his expertise, and the discussions/info/advice about cars and tracks.

THE OVERVIEW:

A SPIN AROUND THE OLD SPA in my Ninco Cobra:

Here's where I had a tendency to deslot--notice the small (pink) hole in the benchwork where I had to crawl up to get my car.

·
Registered
468 Posts
QUOTE (astro @ 18 Aug 2006, 17:23) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I was having difficulty putting the first 2 pictures together in my head, so I did it in photoshop instead. Hope you don't mind...

Gee! Thanks Astro!! I think this is the first time I've seen the whole track at once. Not that it's that big, it's just that I haven't learned the secret of opening my eyes when driving.

And thanks again to jmswms for the visit and the kind remarks in his posting (although he still leads the home town boy by two laps!).

·
Registered
350 Posts
Although many well justified praises have already been paid, I CANNOT view this masterpiece without adding my own WOW in amazement&#8230;ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL&#8230;still shaking my head in disbelief.

Congratulations.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Great looking track. Reminds me of visiting the real old Spa circuit for the first time back in 1990. A few days before the GP it was possible to drive the complete "old" circuit. It was very special to be there and thinking about all those great drivers from the past...
Thanks for sharing those pictures.

1 - 20 of 200 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.