SlotForum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of fairly good examples of early Scalextric/Triang cars.

I found them here in Switzerland, along with 6 unusual Fly cars but more on those later, the guy I bought them from even hand delivered them, coming to visit over the opening weekend for Swiss Race Bahn, a 4 hour round trip!

They are both catalogue number C0060 according to Slot Car Portal and are Jaguar D Types. Their condition is good to my eye but maybe a more knowledeable collector can fill in some finer details and history for me?

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tyres are already really good, it is the motors that need some TLC.

No laps yet, neither will do one so far

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No I am trying to get them to run!

Actually I found you are right
tyres felt OK and looked OK but are perished, as are the crown gears.

I am in the process of getting replacement parts for them now.

·
Russell Sheldon
2,855 Posts
"... that yellow Jag with it's little nylon clip in the radiator sticking out like a baby's tooth, rush towards me, breeze past the tip of my nose and shoot off under the flyover. Magical!"

·
Senior Slot Car Mechanic
2,230 Posts
QUOTE "... that Green Lotus with it's little nylon clip in the radiator sticking out like a baby's tooth, rush towards me, breeze past the tip of my nose and shoot off under the flyover. Magical!"
Not only do I run all my old stuff,I send it off to foriegn countries for other people to play with.Other than wheels n tires,the Lotus is totaly stock unaltered,with original motor and gears etc.This was one of my 2003 Marconi entries.

Believe it or not,it didn't come last.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts