SlotForum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
To form a slot car club in 1/32nd scale and complexity is a serious undertaking in itself, but it must be remembered that we are in the preliminary stage of one of the greatest battles in history, that we are in action at many circuits at many points that we have to be prepared across the country, that the Porsche GT1 battle is continuous and that many preparations have to made at home. In this crisis I hope I may be pardoned if I do not address the SlotForum at any length today as I have yet to true my tyres. I hope that any of my friends and colleagues, or former colleagues, who are affected by the practical reconstruction, will make all allowance for any lack of ceremony with which it has been necessary to act. I would say to the SlotForum, as I said to those who have joined recently: "I have nothing to offer but blood, oil, gears and sweat."

"...We shall not flag nor fail. We shall go on to the end. We shall fight in all the major towns wherever a circuit can be arranged. We shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength on the track. We shall defend the honour of the club whatever the cost may be; we shall race on the beaches, landing grounds, in fields, in streets and on the hills. We shall never surrender and even if, which I do not for the moment believe, this island or a large part of it were subjugated and starving, then our empire beyond the seas, armed and guarded by the range of figures from SRA, will carry on the struggle until in God's good time the Digital system, with all its power and might, sets forth to the liberation and rescue of the old analogue equipment.

Winston Churchill

1 - 4 of 4 Posts