SlotForum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

If anybody could show me where on the above shot that would be much appreciated! This Powersledge is the first open frame car I've owned and I've no idea.

Also, are those marks on the stack heat marks suggesting that it runs hot and therefore the magnet needs re-zapping or are they just rust or similar?

Coop

·
Premium Member
8,227 Posts
That marking is normal Coop.
Only zap the mag if the car runs slow. You`ll know if the magnets gone because the motor will get very hot.

Put a bit grease on the pinion & crown gear.
Put a tiny bit oil on the rear axles
Put some oil on that felt pad in the front of the motor. You don`t normally have to use too much oil, but chances are the felt will be dry after standing so long.

Keep oil well away from the two carbon brushes at all times.

See the round brass commutator that the carbon brushes are on? There is two slits on it. Clean them out with a pin, then get a cotton bud dipped in lighter fluid & clean round the commutator.

Cheers,
Kev.

·
Eddie Grice
2,295 Posts
That felt pad at the back of the magnet is where you oil.
Perhaps the mearest drop just behind the pinion but don't overdo it & get it on the comm.
Don't all the stacks look like that, mine does.
Think we need to get a job lot together for Mr.Secchi to zap

Eddie
Oops, beaten to it!

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers fellas, I suspected as much as I couldn't see anywhere else you could oil. Oh and Loosesalute, that comm is now clean enough to eat your dinner off - it's about the only bit of motor maintenance I feel confident in doing, used to open all my S-cans and do that to them (damn, did I just admit to that out loud?)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts