SlotForum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our new club opens to the public for the weekend of 2nd and 3rd July, and our first club night will be on Thursday 7th July.

The track is almost finished, with the power supplies, the SlotMaster software and all the wiring that entails being completed in the next day or two. After that we have four or five days to get some of the landscaping done, before we open our doors.

We have photographs on the new website but these will be added to over the next few days.

Any racers in Sussex or Kent are especially welcome to drop in, and - in fact - John Watts now lives onsite about twenty yards from our new clubhouse, and is around most of the time. There has been some considerable local interest as the club is much more central than the Bexhill club (which was way out in the country), and locals have already been peering in the window to see what is going on.

We shall resurrect the Open Meeting that the Bexhill club had to postpone later in the year, and the hotel will be prepared to do a special deal on B & B for those attending the meeting.

Fingers crossed and away we go …

Martin

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers, Stephen, and thanks for the sentiment. These things take time but I want everything to happen immediately - if not sooner.

Martin

·
Registered
71 Posts
I note that your website says

"The High Beech Slot Car Club was formed in July 2011 by John and Martin."

Have I missed something, like a week?

Too far for me and not my scene, but I wish you well with it.

John T

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oops! I suppose I should have said that it opened (is opening) in July 2011.

Martin

1 - 6 of 6 Posts