SlotForum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.
I'm considering buying one of these and figuered i'd ask for input from owner's first.I've never owned a 4 wheel drive slotcar and would like to know how they perform along with general likes/dislikes.
Thanks for your time.
Cheater

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Detail is better than the Proteus version, both interior and exterior apart from the exhausts.
Aa version has no driver, but I sugically implanted a scaley clk driver. The 4WD transmission is smooth and quiet thanks to both crownwheels and pinions being plastic. The performance is adequate, but the tyres are almost plastic instead of rubber. I have changed the rears for some Ninco 20mm slicks which I had spare. I've yet to true them down, but that shouldn't take too long as the wheels on my Murcielago are fairly true anyway. Assuming the front wheels are in contact with the track, the theory is that you will have better traction on the straights, although despite the murcie having a magnet it still wanted to swap ends coming out of corners thanks to the crap tyres.

To sum up - it's a damn fine model, if you like the Murcielago then this is currently the best there is, along with the Proteus, but its handling leaves some room for improvement.

Mark.

·
Registered
480 Posts
I have both the Proteus and the AutoArt Lamborghini and I prefer the Autoart version. The Proteus is slightly faster, but overall I think the AutoArt is the better buy. I don't know which color you like best but the green one is HOT!

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
DAMN!!
I never knew they had a green one!

Not that I had the choice mind you. Sean only had the silvery blue and yellow ones. I chose the yellow

Mark.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts