SlotForum banner
61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
ParrotGod
9,270 Posts
This is cool Tamar. But I do not understand the logic of how it is working. Those extra pads for the B2 chip are for power input, not for power output.

Unless, they are piggybacked on the power bus coming from the FFC socket.

I would have thought that you could achieve the same effect by connecting the flaming exhaust board to the brake light pads of the SP44: when you brake the power goes through these pads to the exhaust lights as it should go to the brake lights.

By the way, are you using urethane washers around the body screws?

·
Premium Member
2,519 Posts
It was a typical "what if" situation.
When I noticed the 2 options to power up the board (FFC + old type 3way cable) I sort of figured/assumed that they should be connected.

So if power is applied to the brake+ via the FFC its will also mean power is available on the xtra brake+ pad for the 3way cable.
As it turned out, my assumptions were correct.

Feeding the Flaming Exhaust led pcb from the brake light pads (LR+, LR-) would not have the same effect, as they are "on" all the time.
True when you brake they get power from the brake+ feed (via a small(er) resistor), but when you release the brake they still get power from the regular + (but via a bigger resistor)
And so would be the Flaming Exhaust led...not the effect you want.

Yes small washers, nu Urethane but actually very thin rubber. Scalex Vantage body screw post are low, too low for my regular trick (a washer in the chassis) too keep the screws from dropping out of the chassis each time you dismount the body.

So that's the primary reason, secondary is that it gives a bit of shock absorbtion between chassis and body.

With kind rgerads
Tamar

·
ParrotGod
9,270 Posts
Yes small washers, nu Urethane but actually very thin rubber. Scalex Vantage body screw post are low, too low for my regular trick (a washer in the chassis) too keep the screws from dropping out of the chassis each time you dismount the body.

So that's the primary reason, secondary is that it gives a bit of shock absorbtion between chassis and body.
Where did you get them from?

·
ParrotGod
9,270 Posts
Feeding the Flaming Exhaust led pcb from the brake light pads (LR+, LR-) would not have the same effect, as they are "on" all the time.
True when you brake they get power from the brake+ feed (via a small(er) resistor), but when you release the brake they still get power from the regular + (but via a bigger resistor)
And so would be the Flaming Exhaust led...not the effect you want.
You are correct of course! yeah, it makes all sense now. Thanks.

Man, you never stop to amaze me on your way of "thinking outside the box".

This is an example. Another one was the combination of the carrera and scalex interiors: your way of visualizing and putting together bits and bolts is inspirational.

·
Registered
29 Posts
The instructions say that the rear lights have to work in parallel, however there is only one + and one - connection on the SP 44 kit PCB (LR + and LR-) to connect them. If we see the SP16 kit these rear LEDs are connected in series. It is a mistake in the instructions or it would be necessary to put the two positives and the two negatives in the same point of the PCB (LR + and LR-) because only then would the LEDs be in parallel, right? What is your opinion?

·
Premium Member
2,519 Posts
It is more common practice to have one set of +/- wires going to the rear of the car and there split them in two pairs for the rear/brake leds. Much like can be seen on the video link I posted earlier.

With kind regards
Tamar

·
novice jazz player &
6,599 Posts
I did a bit more work on the small adapter board for lights for the C1 decoder.

This time I put the FFC 6 way socket on one side plus a Schottky diode and resistor. On the second side there are three solder pads as before... plus four additional pads for mounting the SSD style lighting plug (as per the C8515 rev H)... so two lighting options.

No prize for guessing what the other circuit board is for...

The design is too small for manufacture... so I paired up two designs.

c

Many thanks to DaveLat and Tamar for the ideas and thinking in moving this little project forward.

·
Vendor
2,974 Posts
The instructions say that the rear lights have to work in parallel, however there is only one + and one - connection on the SP 44 kit PCB (LR + and LR-) to connect them. If we see the SP16 kit these rear LEDs are connected in series. It is a mistake in the instructions or it would be necessary to put the two positives and the two negatives in the same point of the PCB (LR + and LR-) because only then would the LEDs be in parallel, right? What is your opinion?
The red tail lights (heading to Spain, cit. :) ) can only work in parallel on this chip, not in series.

61 - 72 of 72 Posts