SlotForum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Construction is finally about to commence on my new 3 laner with the delivery today of the required MDF

Overall the track will consist of 5 MDF sheets with a nice long almost 10m straight along the back wall of my shed.

At this stage the track is going to look as follows but is subject to change as Lufs strip gets put to use.

It has been designed so that I can remove table sections should the need arise as the track ends at the same spot at each board.
The looong straight will also have a few rolling hills along its length.

Ive layed out the MDF on the floor and its a nice snug fit

Ive started cutting out the triangles for the track support and will hopefully be able to start drawing out the track soon.

More to come

Paul

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bit of an update.

Ive got the track routed, cut out and up off the ground. Next step is the prep work for painting. Putty, sanding etc. Heres some pics

The track laid on the floor after cutting

Attaching the stands

Joining all of the modules together

The track, ready to be cleaned up for painting.

Thanks for looking

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update time...

Since last time I have painted the track surface

Laid the copper tape

Completed the wiring (Do I win an award for neatest track wiring ever?)

And a quick test has all of the lanes running correctly.

Next up on the agenda is to put up the track barriers, finish off the driver stations and then onto scenery.

Thx for looking

Paul

·
Registered
62 Posts
I remember doing some testing of my track without barriers... my wife sent her brothers fly truck of the end of the main straight into a trolley jack that was on the floor... the look on her brothers face was priceless....

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
More updates

While my dad was here for holidays and I had an extra pair of hands I got all of the track borders installed and painted.

I also built the drivers stations into the borders and painted them.

And then installed the controller plug, reverse switch and fuse and the little basket for the controller.

Its officially time to decorate and add scenery!!!

Thx for looking

·
Registered
21 Posts
So do I. I have to wait a bit though for my boys to get older. The eldest is only 18 months.

I am going to concentrate on getting some scenery down. Especially around parts where the cars can fall down.
Once that is done then I will set up a timing system and open the throttles a bit

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.