SlotForum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anybody out there tell me about the differencies of an OSCA MT-4 Sport (1955) and an OSCA FS 372 (1957)?

I am searching for the 1955 version, no. #40 on the Le Mans starting grid that year, but can only lay hand on a resin body of the 1957 version.

Would it be possible - and relatively easy - to convert? Photos are - to say it mildly - rare......

/Holger

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ron - I will eagerly awaite your back brief.

/Holger

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ups - did I get it all wrong here?

According to some www.google.com informations these are two different car marques.... OSCA MT-4 Sport from 1955 and OSCAR FS 372 from 1957!

BUT AA Bodies are offering an OSCA FS 372?????????

Please help......

/Holger

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Holger - if you are looking for the 55 lemans car a simple google search seems to bring up pics fairly easily -

i don't know much about the '57 osca from aa but will guess it may be a fair bit different

my period info is mostly on 52 - 54 osca's - but if i turn up info on the '55s and '57s will let you know

cheers, Ron

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ron - thank you for your update. I will cancel the AA 1957 version and hope for a 1955 version to pup up in near future.

However I do not fully agree on your google search point of view. In my experience a lot of photos of newly restored OSCAs turns up, but really little of the actual car from 1955.

Never mind, I am really pleased about your effort and kind help. Surely more info on the 55 car would be very interesting. The 57 car is not an issue.

/Holger

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
hi holger is this the car

(scroll down to 1955 and there is an osca mt 4 shown - #40 supposedly as raced at le mans)

collection of 1/43 models

i will go pull out some of my older le mans books and '55 mags and see if i can turn up some period shots

cheers, Ron

·
Premium Member
1,898 Posts
Hi
Below are a few images. First, an unrestored MT4 from the mid-fifties - the interior is especially interesting:

Then the 1955 Le Mans car

This shows the Renaissance 1/43 model and the shot of the actual car at scrutineering for 1955 Le Mans

Hope this helps

Coides

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ron + Codies - great help and great images from both of you. I know have the feeling that I have enough material to start the project of entering this car into my LM 55 grid collection. It will be the 44th out of a total of 60 starters that year.

The mission will continue.

/Holger

1 - 9 of 9 Posts