SlotForum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· ParrotGod
12,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Since our SFI News feed is not working at the moment I thought that I would share this news with you read from the French blog Letratslot: https://www.letratslot.com/ostorero-la-ferrari-156-85-de-stefan-johansson-gp-canada-1985/

Here is a nice pic of the car:

S_Johansson_4_copy_1024x1024.jpg-nggid04

Image of the chassis:

156_-_85_new_chassis_2017_copy_1024x1024

I do not know you, but I love those markings on the tyres! And the model looks astonishing: I bet that with the Policar pod it goes really well.

And look at how much space there is in front of the motor for adding a nice digital chip.

Images courtesy of Letratslot.

· Registered
1,821 Posts
You would think it is intended to race as it is fitted with the Policar pod,but that front suspension does look vulnerable. Perhaps its made of phenomenally strong metal?- it should be for £200+......Perhaps if they do it in kit form it may be a bit affordable. It certainly is a looker.

TED....

· Premium Member
2,712 Posts
Gorgeous! But I'm afraid I wouldn't pay 30€ for it with the vulnerable looking suspension previously mentioned. That's a shame as if they had slightly compromised the accuracy for "drivability" I would invest in a kit. Maybe a simple black metal axle could have been incorporated as per Scaley does.

· Al Schwartz
3,416 Posts
Not much mass there and, with the slimline motor, it could be quick but not absurdly fast. The photos don't really reveal much about the suspension construction. I think that if the "A" arms were made of two pieces of spring tempered steel turned up 90 degrees at the outer end and soldered to a stub axle, it might well survive. I am intrigued by the guide - wonder if it is/will be available as a spare.

EM

· Premium Member
584 Posts
Whilst a nice looker, the reality is it needs new wheels & tyres as the fitted tyres are ok for concours, but little else, and as others have said, would the car stand up to competition?

I of course am speaking personally as Ithere is no place for shelf queens in my house, and around £200 for a static model is frankly ludicrous!

· Registered
1,300 Posts
Got to agree with the majority here. Beautiful scale model, way out of my price range and I would destroy it in my first trip into the barriers :)

· Registered
2,253 Posts
Awesome bit of kit. I bought their Lotus 79 back in about 2009 and that too had a weak looking front end. In use it has never bent or broken as it happens but its true i've never had a major front end crash!
These are at the top end of pricing but they are also at the top end of finish and quality...
Great to see them incorporating the Policar motor mount.
Two sets of tyres would be a great idea. Their tyres (Lotus 79) have always been a favourite spare part for me as they are generally high quality, round and nice soft rubber like a F22 compound tyre.
Cheers
Andi

· ParrotGod
12,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I agree that this is out of the budget for most of us.

What strikes me about this model (a part from the fantastic tyres!!) is the chassis and its use of the Policar pod.

Anyway, nice to see some discussion about a new model.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.