SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
546 Posts

Ostorero Slot Models announces their new 'Gold Line' range.

The first model produced will be the 1985 Canadian GP Ferrari 156 - 85. Italian Michele Alboreto won the race, the first one for this model.

This car will only be available as RTR and can only be purchased on Ostorero's website.

Production starts right now and the cars will be numbered and limited to 200 pieces. Customers can choose their number as long as it's not been taken.

·
Stranger Things 2
570 Posts
That's about the era I lost interest in the shape of F1 cars for a looooong time, which is quite ironic as that's the era I was doing Grid & Pit Marshall work at the Australian F1 gp's.

I can still appreciate the beauty with this model though. The detail is incredible, right down to the correct markings on the tyres.

It looks like it's pre-order only and that there will only be 200 units made. Even with a price tag of € 225,00 I'd say this one will move (pardon the pun) pretty fast.

No kit form available though ... so RTR only?

·
Allan Wakefield
6,720 Posts
They are fragile but run well, as long as you are not seriously expecting to run one against the likes of NSR that is.

A good tip, if you are pre ordering and want to run it on a track (as i always do), also take the time to order a full set of plain wheels/tyres an use those on track.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Interestingly the Ostorero brothers direct emailed me yesterday as I am a past customer so these models obviously aren't moving as quickly as they had hoped!

I'm personally not interested as I want it in kit form only.

Why didn't they do RTR and kit like all the other models?

Andi

·
Registered
176 Posts
QUOTE (alfetta @ 17 May 2011, 09:25) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Lovely Model. But and a big But at that, as a slot car a (in my opinion) waste of time. For me it's only useful as a static model and I dont need to spend £200 + to acheive that level.
Alfetta

It's OK, lots of people do not get it. That is why they are making 200 and not the tens of thousands Scaley will make of a single model.

225 euros for the amount of hand work is cheap really.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.