SlotForum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
redstar
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,heres a 1/24th scale set made by Otaki of Japan. The 2 cars are both Ferrari 158s.The set is MIB. I think i bought it around 6-7 years ago but who knows ?
Notice the translation on the last photo. I love the early bad translations on these Japanese toys.
Thanks,Bernard

·
Administrator
9,787 Posts
Hi Bernard,

Don't get me started on bad translations.... (my job, so I'm a bit sensitive! what's funny here is that the French make fun of the bad Chinese/Japanese translations into English or French - then do the same thing themselves!)

I know we've discussed this before, but are the Otaki F1 cars the ones used by the Swiss company Kitty for their own line? I can never remember between them and Tokyo Plamo...

Nice set, and yet another one with the wrong car on the cover!

Don

·
redstar
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi,heres several 1/24th scale Ferrari 158s from my museum.Im showing the underside just for you Don.
Front line-#6 red Kitty,#5 chrome Kongure,back row-blue Otaki,#2 red Cox,#5 red Toyko Plamo. Thanks,Bernard

·
Premium Member
5,186 Posts
QUOTE are the Otaki F1 cars the ones used by the Swiss company Kitty for their own line?

Yes. In fact, the only true Swiss product from Kitty besides their track parts was their "Spyder" slot cars. The others were sourced from Eldon (Lotus Type 34) and Otaki (Ferrari 158).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts