SlotForum banner
121 - 140 of 164 Posts

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #122 ·
Hello

My Carrera Ferrari 575 resprayed into a "Prodrive" Ferrari 550.

Perhaps I'll nominate a Carrera Cars class on picking night so that I can race it. More pictures on my blog.

Nick

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #123 ·
Hello

My CPR (Canadian Proxy Racing) series racer is finished and will be on its way to Canada in the next few days.

More pictures will be on my blog soon.

Nick

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #124 ·
Hello

My "Race Across America" entry, a Spirit Dallara kit with a NSR 25K King as its power plant. This was not how I expected to finish it but the weather and time constraints has been against my original idea.

more pictures will be on my blog soon (I hope).

Nick

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I have just heard the news! At last I can justify my subscription to Sky. They are to broadcast coverage of all 38 NASCAR Sprint races this year, and IRL will again be covered in full.
Bernie and Max can go boil their heads!

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Nick, I have misjudged you. I thought Proxy Racing was boring, but then I saw this.
You old Devil, you!

QUOTE (Edo @ 23 Feb 2008, 09:13) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Indeed gentlemen
you might consider that time flies and also that since we need all the cars by Thursday, March the 27th you should be sending them by no later than Thursday, March the 20th!

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #128 ·
Hello

My "Customer" Nick49 racing Peugeot 908.

More pictures on my blog.

Peter, as for your last post, IF ONLY..........

Nick

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #131 ·
Hello

Coming to a Scalextric GT3 series near you

or possibly even the last LMS round for testing purposes.

Nick

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #132 ·
Hello

I can't believe how long I haven't posted on here! In a similar vein I have at long last finished my "Michelin" Group C Sauber which is going to get an airing in the forth coming Formula Libre Open class.

Peter your Cobra is getting there, honest.

Nick

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #133 ·
Peter

Your Cobra is now red and white, but I don't think I will have the detail paint work finished soon enough to bring it in this Thursday.

Nick

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #135 ·
Hello

I was really pleased how well this raced the other night against all those Camaros and it was a nice simple paint job.

Nick

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I recently purchased, at a bargain price, the SCX Vintage McLaren M9A. This is the car I mean:

The problem with this car is it doesn't fit the requirements (pre 1968) for my favourite series, the Goodwood Theme nights at Alresford.
My solution - modify it, so that it looks like a 1966 McLaren M2B! That's the one with the modified Indy Ford V8 engine, not the Serenissima.

Firstly, I removed the rear wing, and cut off the font winglets. Then in order to make the engine look more like the Indy Ford V8 I removed the air intakes and exhausts, and swapped them around so the exhausts exited from the top of the engine, rather than the sides. I found a couple of chrome cylinder head tops and a better driver's head in my junk box, which finished it off nicely.

Here are some pictures of the result:

OK, it isn't the most accurate model, but it looks a lot more like a McLaren M2B than the original looked like an M9A!

Now all it needs is painting the correct colour. Any volunteers?

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
It should be white with a dark green stripe, splaying out around the nose, Brabham style.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Thank you, Nick. The helmet colour should be silver. Overalls are pale blue.

121 - 140 of 164 Posts