SlotForum banner
141 - 160 of 164 Posts

· Jim Moyes
6,526 Posts
Did the driver have any visible birthmarks or wear any rings? Had he shaved that morning? Colour of buttons on overalls?

· Registered
1,145 Posts
Here's another little project of mine, my Lotus 30.

The body is an old Supershells, to which I have successfully fitted the chassis and wheels from a Revell/Monogram King Cobra. It was a simple matter to drill two holes in the chassis in line with the mounting points on the body. I added the front mounting point myself.
The detail parts are from various sources. The interior is robbed from the donor King Cobra, the driver figure is from a Scalextric Cooper T53, the air intake grill is the radiator grill from a Scalextric Porsche GT3, and the roll hoop and steering wheel were made from coloured paper clips! The whole lot is temporarily held in place with blu-tak until I get round to painting it.
This will the first slot car I have painted myself, so I am waiting until I can talk to an experienced modeller before I start.

· Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #147 ·
Hello

I managed to repaint my Corvette in pseudo Team Lotus colours so that it stands out from the rest of the white No48's. Don't look too close though as I still had problems with the paint.

More pictures will follow on my blog.

Nick

· Jim Moyes
6,526 Posts
The 962 "wheeltrims" are a good fit on the rear of the car. The front ones look a bit vulnerable - especially if there's a lady driver involved!

· Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #160 ·
Hello

My third 'Ladies' car which is for my youngest daughter who was 20 at the time I started it. She is now 21 and in Japan teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL) for a year. Thanks to 'skype' she has seen it and is pleased with the result.

A couple more pictures will be in a blog in due course. I've also managed to airbrush my Airfix Mercedes Benz W125 before the rains came again.

Nick

141 - 160 of 164 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.