SlotForum banner
141 - 160 of 164 Posts

·
Jim Moyes
5,046 Posts
Did the driver have any visible birthmarks or wear any rings? Had he shaved that morning? Colour of buttons on overalls?

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
No, but the middle finger on his right hand was a bit stiff.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Here's another little project of mine, my Lotus 30.

The body is an old Supershells, to which I have successfully fitted the chassis and wheels from a Revell/Monogram King Cobra. It was a simple matter to drill two holes in the chassis in line with the mounting points on the body. I added the front mounting point myself.
The detail parts are from various sources. The interior is robbed from the donor King Cobra, the driver figure is from a Scalextric Cooper T53, the air intake grill is the radiator grill from a Scalextric Porsche GT3, and the roll hoop and steering wheel were made from coloured paper clips! The whole lot is temporarily held in place with blu-tak until I get round to painting it.
This will the first slot car I have painted myself, so I am waiting until I can talk to an experienced modeller before I start.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #144 ·
Peter

Your McLaren M2B is finished and I will bring it in on Thursday

A couple more pictures in my blog.

I'll PM you about painting your Lotus 30.

Nick

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Here is my Lotus 30 now, painted and waiting for decals. OK, it's not the best paint job in the world, but bear in mind it is my first attempt.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #147 ·
Hello

I managed to repaint my Corvette in pseudo Team Lotus colours so that it stands out from the rest of the white No48's. Don't look too close though as I still had problems with the paint.

More pictures will follow on my blog.

Nick

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #148 ·
Hello

A repaint of one of my Fly Joest Porsche LMP1 cars based on the style of the 1984 (I think) Pepsi Challenger Aston Martin Nimrod.

More to follow on my blog.

Nick

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #149 ·
Hello

My SCX "Lotus" from my Williams based on what the 1992 Lotus looked liked (roughly).

More to follow on my blog.

Nick

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #151 ·
Hello

Just to carry on my current yellow theme is my "Pepsi Challenger" Porsche 956.

More pictures are on my blog.

Nick

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #152 ·
Hello

Something different for a Fly Joest Porsche and it's not yellow!

"Martini"

More pictures on my blog.

Nick

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #154 ·
Hello

My repainted Ninco Classic Corvette which I will be racing soon.

Nick

·
Jim Moyes
5,046 Posts
The 962 "wheeltrims" are a good fit on the rear of the car. The front ones look a bit vulnerable - especially if there's a lady driver involved!

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #156 ·
Jim.

If you have a Ninco Classic Corvette and I'm sure you have
could you bring it tomorrow please.

Nick

·
Registered
191 Posts
QUOTE (Nick49 @ 24 Aug 2011, 19:37) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Jim - If you have a Ninco Classic Corvette and I'm sure you have
could you bring it tomorrow please.
Nick

Don't be greedy Nick, you are already winning the series by enough points.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #158 ·
Hello

My second "Ladies" car although it was the first one started. This one is for my wife.

Nick

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #159 ·
Due to our ' year of drought' weather it's been very hard to get any painting done but recently I've manged to get this completed.

More images will appear in my blog soon.

Nick

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #160 ·
Hello

My third 'Ladies' car which is for my youngest daughter who was 20 at the time I started it. She is now 21 and in Japan teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL) for a year. Thanks to 'skype' she has seen it and is pleased with the result.

A couple more pictures will be in a blog in due course. I've also managed to airbrush my Airfix Mercedes Benz W125 before the rains came again.

Nick

141 - 160 of 164 Posts