SlotForum banner

Other Stuff

43K views 163 replies 16 participants last post by  Mr.M 
#1 ·
Hello,

Following a bit of a prompt from Scott on the NNRC thread I've started another thread. Its just to cover my scratch building projects although anybody else is welcome to join in of course.

I WILL CONTINUE TO POST ON THE nnrc THREAD AS WELL.

At the moment I have a Ford F3L P68 on the go and have just received through the post an Airfix E Type Jaguar and VW Beetle. The Jag is going to be turned in the Bob Tullius Group 44 version. I know Top Slot produce this but I fancy the challenge. The Beetle is going to be turned into a Uniroyal Fun Cup Endurance racer which are based on a modified Beetle bodyshell but sitting on a single seater racing chassis. Look them up on www.uniroyalfuncup.co.uk is you want to know more.

I intend to use the Scalextric Sport Tuning range which is why I wanted to see how zxr400er's Ferrari 156 went with the little F1 motor in it. The Airfix Beetle is smaller than I imagined it would be so I think the F1 motor will be quite suitable.

Nick

See less See more
#132 ·
Hello

I can't believe how long I haven't posted on here! In a similar vein I have at long last finished my "Michelin" Group C Sauber which is going to get an airing in the forth coming Formula Libre Open class.

More pictures on my blog.

Peter your Cobra is getting there, honest.

Nick

#136 · (Edited by Moderator)
I recently purchased, at a bargain price, the SCX Vintage McLaren M9A. This is the car I mean:

The problem with this car is it doesn't fit the requirements (pre 1968) for my favourite series, the Goodwood Theme nights at Alresford.
My solution - modify it, so that it looks like a 1966 McLaren M2B! That's the one with the modified Indy Ford V8 engine, not the Serenissima.

Firstly, I removed the rear wing, and cut off the font winglets. Then in order to make the engine look more like the Indy Ford V8 I removed the air intakes and exhausts, and swapped them around so the exhausts exited from the top of the engine, rather than the sides. I found a couple of chrome cylinder head tops and a better driver's head in my junk box, which finished it off nicely.

Here are some pictures of the result:

OK, it isn't the most accurate model, but it looks a lot more like a McLaren M2B than the original looked like an M9A!

Now all it needs is painting the correct colour. Any volunteers?

#141 ·
Did the driver have any visible birthmarks or wear any rings? Had he shaved that morning? Colour of buttons on overalls?

#143 ·
Here's another little project of mine, my Lotus 30.

The body is an old Supershells, to which I have successfully fitted the chassis and wheels from a Revell/Monogram King Cobra. It was a simple matter to drill two holes in the chassis in line with the mounting points on the body. I added the front mounting point myself.
The detail parts are from various sources. The interior is robbed from the donor King Cobra, the driver figure is from a Scalextric Cooper T53, the air intake grill is the radiator grill from a Scalextric Porsche GT3, and the roll hoop and steering wheel were made from coloured paper clips! The whole lot is temporarily held in place with blu-tak until I get round to painting it.
This will the first slot car I have painted myself, so I am waiting until I can talk to an experienced modeller before I start.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.