Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IF ANY OF YOU SLOT HEADS OUT THERE ARE FED UP OF RACING ON YOUR HOME SET WHY NOT TRY AND HAVE SOME COMPETITIVE AND FUN RACING ON THE BEST WOODEN TRACKS IN LANCASHIRE AREA CONTACT SEAN AT PENDLE SLOT RACING 01282864666 AND JIM BROWN AT PRESTON 01772703375

·
Premium Member
1,628 Posts
Some Vital Statistics on the Pendle track.
5 Lane MDF/Copper Tape Gloss finish built 6 years ago.
Computer race programme by Kevin Tombeur.
Lane length approx 115ft.
Quick lap time around 7.5 seconds with a 'well sorted' Proslot Toyota GT1 or Fly Porsche Evo 2RS and Nick Driving!
No Race calendar sorted for seniors championship yet in 2004.
Juniors meet every wednesday 7.30 - 9.00. (must be accompanied by an adult).
Next practice nght for seniors; tuesday 20th January from 7.30. and then every two weeks.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Surely John stewart, self declared expert on club tracks ,should be able to sort this? He seemed to know what was so wrong with Phoenix in his eagerly typed critique of our club. You might like to point out to him that Saturday I signed up club member No. 233. Not bad for a `mickey mouse` outfit.

On the positive side I`d like to help with a few suggestions if you want to hear how we have built up our membership from 22 to current state. E mail me if I can help.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Both Pendle and Preston have tuck shops if you're feeling peckish too! In addition, Preston has its "spares department" open on race nights, thanks Jim!

"Energy drink and a Choc Ice please Jim!"

Mark.

·
Simon Moss (Undisputed #1 Racer Fan)
553 Posts
I only wish Lancashire was a couple of hundred miles nearer. Being a fan of non-magnetised racing, it looks a joy to race on. Maybe one day I will make the effort and come along one night.

M

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
M, pendle will have a porsche challenge race on sometime, you might be able to race in that although it depends on numbers as it's always popular as duck!

Rob.

·
Premium Member
5,393 Posts
QUOTE On the positive side I`d like to help with a few suggestions if you want to hear how we have built up our membership from 22 to current state.

Why not put these tips up as a thread in their own right...

[tongue in cheek]
- then you wouldn't have to keep banging on about Phoenix in everyone of your posts! You could just have a link in your sig.

Eek! Runs for cover a la Jamie

·
Premium Member
1,628 Posts
QUOTE Would like to jack up an inter club with you guys. Interested?
Both Pendle & Preston are already involved in regular interclub competitions with the Porsche & Audi Challenges which now covers 7 clubs. Wether there is room in the Calendar for another series is really up to the respective club members, perhaps as a one off rather than a series may fit the bill.
QUOTE Surely John stewart, self declared expert on club tracks ,should be able to sort this?
I won't even try to defend Johns views in any of his race reports, other than to state that they are Johns views and he is entitled to them. I don't think that the Phoenix report was any different to the other venues which also came in for criticism including Pendle. Unfair criticism is never welcome but sometimes lessons can be learned.
Sean

·
Simon Moss (Undisputed #1 Racer Fan)
553 Posts
Just down the road then.

Thanks for the invite. If I'm ever passing that way sometime I'll let you know!

M

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Wankel you can run but you can never hide too well my friend! Did i mention i was from Phoenix?

No problem Sean I`ll take that as a no then. You might want to read that JS report again and consider why the Phoenix lads are a tad miffed. Don`t recall `mickey mouse` being used elsewhere?

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Sorry you can`t have mine mate. I read mine whilst sitting on the toilet and it ended up behind me!

Sorry did I not mention I was from PHOENIX. Wankel likes it when I mention the club. He pretends to be fed up with me "banging on" and sends me e mails asking me how I built the club up cos he says he is thinking about trying to make a living from similar! Not any more though Wankel eh? Well I hope not.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
QUOTE Sorry did I not mention I was from PHOENIX. Wankel likes it when I mention the club. He pretends to be fed up with me "banging on" and sends me e mails asking me how I built the club up cos he says he is thinking about trying to make a living from similar! Not any more though Wankel eh? Well I hope not.

Ok Mr Brands Hutch 2.. thats 2 of ya on the talking gype drugs tonight.. dear me.. their falling like Flies Nuro!

Rob.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Just to say that all that lads at Hamilton Model Car Club in Scotland think that Pendle and Preston are probably two of the best wooden tracks racing our type of slot cars in the country and we would recommend that anyone in the Lancashire area who is interested in serious competition should visit these clubs.

WE KNOW. WE'VE BEEN THERE !!!!!

The Hamilton boys think that the 2003 slot tech porsche open challenge was ran in a friendly but competitive atmosphere and every hosting club tried their best to make everyone feel welcome and any reports by John Stewart were written according to the way he saw things.

My dad Jim was unhappy about comments made about him in the preston report 2003. he contacted him directly and the problem was resolved.

There is not enough people and clubs racing our type of slot car racing and there is no need for animosity between us.

After all its only fun!!! (but sometimes very serious
)

Lookin forward to the 2004 slot tech challenge n defending the trophy.

Ross, Jim n the Hamilton boys.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
It`s all good fun. Wankel won`t mind me highlighting his multi sided personality as we all enjoy a bit of leg pulling eh?

1 - 20 of 54 Posts