SlotForum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Though we would put up some pictures of what it looks like so far, still lots to do but starting to take shape.

In the beginning....

What it looks like today. Looks like we're gonna have to paint to track!

·
Peter Christie
1,835 Posts
I like this...really cool track...go paint the track...blend it in and then it will look less like a 'scalextric' and more a special rally stage..can i play...
How does it drive?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks mate, we haven't actually driven it that much recently as the tracks got really dirty with the scenic work and we reckon some of it might be 30 years old! so its going to need a good scrub. But before we started doing the scenery it was a good laugh, its better now its got two power supplies as when we had running properly, it only had one and there was a lot of power surges when one of the cars deslotted (is that the right terminology?)

Next job is to finish to rocks, our local model shop must think we're building a life size replica of Mount Everest, given the amount of Turoc we keep buying!

Once thats done, thats most of the mess done, then we can clean the track properly and start racing!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE but how do you cope with the crossovers under the bridge section?
It looks like a source of accidents to me...sorry, but I can't stand the things.

They were just added to make it a bit more interesting as its quite a small circuit (and we had them),. We're novices and the general concensus is crossovers are bad so they may come out at a later stage. The corssover under the bridge is right in front of where we stand/sit to play......sorry race so if there are any problems we'll just be over to reach over.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Tidy track!

Great use of the space available. I wouldn't worry too much about the X-overs. See how it goes for a bit IMO.

Track might look good with a dirt look rather than tarmac. What cars will you be using most? Looks a great rally track.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE Track might look good with a dirt look rather than tarmac. What cars will you be using most? Looks a great rally track.

Yes its defintely a rally track, originally going to go for a tarmac stage look, but the tracks so messy now, think we'll proabably go for a dirt (or maybe dusty?) look. Really love jmswms' track and look he/she's got going there so think thats what we'll be going for if the modelling skills allow. Currently only have a couple of Suburu's to race but sure this will grow! (oh and a 1970's Ford Capri which has no magnets and perished wheels so just wheel spins, fun for about 20secs)

Scoobydriver, we saw your pictures, looking fab, have you had any ideas about your painting your track?

·
Peter Christie
1,835 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.