SlotForum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and my dad (my dad mainly) have been working on a scalextric model. Our model is 13 ft by 6 ft and is a fourlan figure of eight layout. We focus mainly on the scenery of the model rather than the track layout. The model is pernament so once its done its done.

Subscribers to the Racer Magazine may remember us (we were featured in it
). So here are a few pictures of our model. We are still making it so there are more pictures to come!!!!

Hope you enjoy

Pitstop for lanes 1 & 2

Pitstop for lanes 3 & 4

Carpark

The car shed

The cliff

Main garage

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (JaakBeentjes @ 27 Sep 2007, 12:42) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Looks very nice like the carshed alot

They did! Espially that lola! None of cars have spoliers now...we had to make so many repairs...gone through so many motors (they keep burning out or getting damaged through crashhes) mind you, we dont have any/many barriers up at the mo as we're still building...

Some more pictures are on their way!

Regards

PS: The F1s in the pictures are being used as static cars...motors and brads removed...

·
Brad Korando / Brad Korando
1,089 Posts
Nice work Matt and dad. I'll add to the others by saying I'd love to see more picture of the track. How about some pictures from a little farther back so that we can see more of the overall track?

Thanks for sharing and keep up the fine work!

Brad

·
Registered
468 Posts
Adding my voice as well, wonderful work. I'd be interested in your technique for making the hedges that appear next to the track. Also, what/where did you get the fuel tank up near the pit building that appears on the right hand of the first picture. "Details, details" is the cry from the crowd.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all coments so far!

QUOTE (SpaModeller @ 27 Sep 2007, 15:37) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'd be interested in your technique for making the hedges that appear next to the track. Also, what/where did you get the fuel tank up near the pit building that appears on the right hand of the first picture.

Okay, the hedges we brought from Howard Supplies (search for it) ask for biggest ones/most expensive ones. (about 2inchs long) Theyre soemthing like £3.50 (dont know $) so...not cheap...

All our models (but two) are hand made from wood. The petrol pumps are made from wood, the pipes from wire and the fuel tank is made from two prixstick lids stuck together (and painted). Okay....heres some more pictures:

Queing to get in - They've come from far...

The next two are older pictures but show the whole model. We have not put our side boards up in thse pictures...

Looking down our model (you can see the bridge/tunnel and the lake). However...only one pitstop has been added in this picture (altough we got two)

Other picture shwoing the main garage and control tower

Hope these pictures show more of the model - remember - our model is still eing built!!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well....im out of pictures of the track, so back to picture of the scenery (what we do best
). Ill take some more the layout and the track in general later on today....

View over the lake

The skip

Corvette coming round the bend

Log pile...bonfire?

As i said...more wider and better

·
Registered
468 Posts
I have really enjoyed the pictures posted. Fine touches just abound. I was interested in where you got the "hikers from afar"? They really appear to be quite nicely painted and detailed-did you do them yourselves? I could use a bunch of them around the track. Again, lovely work-really shows skill and planning. Keep those pictures coming.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
QUOTE (SpaModeller @ 29 Sep 2007, 20:13) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I have really enjoyed the pictures posted. Fine touches just abound. I was interested in where you got the "hikers from afar"? They really appear to be quite nicely painted and detailed-did you do them yourselves? I could use a bunch of them around the track. Again, lovely work-really shows skill and planning. Keep those pictures coming.

Got them from http://www.getslotted.co.uk/. I cant find them at the mo (on the site) but heck...theyre on there somewhere!!!!

I got somemore pictures coming dont worry! I got some construction pictures (before and after style) and I got pictures regarding our little eletrical job. Nothing really specalor but certainly a must see!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sorry its been a while...so I'll try and make the delay up with even more pictures.

The start of our little stream

An old tree

Looking down the curve by the stream.

Overview of the stream area (as you can see its unfinished). The plastic roof tiles are to protect the track/model from dust etc. They are easily removal.

Looking across te pine forest...over the track to the tunnel (with both cliffs)

And you know those ugly power supplies and lapcounters? They ruin the model and look unrealistic. Look what we've done to ours

You can the power supply (right) our start switch (which turns power on/off so no cheating) and the lap counters (left).
Keeps them out of the way. And yes....look at the mess of wires underneath. We will try and neaten them up...TRY

I'll try and get some more pictures

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.