SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Ian
99 Posts
Walt,

Simple but "Very" effective, great use of the space, love your lake, we need a few shots of the building shown on the right of the first picture, Landscaping is Great! I like the whole thing.

Oh and welcome to the Forum you are most welcome and you will enjoy the Rally Scene on here

Well done

Regards

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the building next to the lake is a farmhouse, made out of plastic. I bought it in our local toy store.
I'm still making plans to paint the whole thing, it looks so plasticky. I want to do the walls in white, and dark brown for the "wooden" structure. I already painted the rooftiles in terracotta, they were bright red

The blue section on the left is now planted with some more trees, and clouds have been painted over the blue sky. It gives some depth to the background.
Thanks for all the positive comments, I'm still building and changing things whenever I can find the time.

Walt

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Wooo .. like this one a lot! That´s a really lovely piece of track going around that lake!! Some close-ups and a trackplan, please?

Welcome to the Forum btw. What a great entry!

.. cheers ..

-( R )-

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello "Walt"
and the rest too, offcourse.

First off all, my Englisch is not so good, so I'm already saying sorry for my spelling.
(I'm Belgian, that's why....
)

I'm one off the usual racers at Walt's place, and even after a few years it stays a true joyfull track.

A few weeks ago, he made some changes on the tracksurfaces, what made the track a little slower, but more challenging.
Most off the time we are racing Scx and Ninco, but other manufacturers make some good cars too. As long as the magnet is removed and the cars drift in some corners, it's all good!

There are even plans to enlarge the track by making an extension on, the righthandside. The guy is going mental I guess....

But this will take a while, because we're still brainstorming on the what and how's. And there is an other single track that has to move first.

One thing we know for sure is that we're going more uphill.
Maybe with a snowy segment on the top off the hill.

I'll see if there are any more pics to show here!

Greetings Serge

·
Registered
8 Posts
QUOTE (Ian B @ 13 Oct 2012, 20:36) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Wow Serge and Walt,

I wonder how long it will be until we see the next update
6 Years

So, you're the most funny man on this forum or what?

Just kidding....

Due to getting older, working long hours, other hobbies, having kids and the rest mature people do....this project hasn't been updated for a while.

But now that we have been racing again over the last weeks, we made some new plans. And it may take a while until the next update will be done.
So hold your horses, chill and cool down....Rome wasn't build in one day either!

·
Registered
118 Posts
it is agreat track, i have been racing with rallywalt also. I have his other wooden track almost here at my place, just two wooden panels that i need to get by him.
Rallywalt and serge are amazing drivers en tuners, my son did two 24 hours races with those two guys, great guys and always in the mood for jokes and fun

·
Registered
8 Posts
QUOTE (beemer @ 13 Oct 2012, 21:23) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>it is agreat track, i have been racing with rallywalt also. I have his other wooden track almost here at my place, just two wooden panels that i need to get by him.
Rallywalt and serge are amazing drivers en tuners, my son did two 24 hours races with those two guys, great guys and always in the mood for jokes and fun

Thx Beemer...it's always nice to race you too.
And indeed, we raced some 24hours endurance races with your son. We should do that again!
I think Walt would like it too!

QUOTE (Ember @ 13 Oct 2012, 21:57) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Always great to know that the enthusiasm for a track can survive so long. Terrific that it's getting a bit of a refresh.

Embs

Thx Ember. Well, we lost our drive a bit. But while racing it with some other guys during the last weekend, we found out it's still a nice track. But maybe a little short, that's why the extension will be made....at a slow pace offcourse.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.