SlotForum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a newbie here i thought you might like to see some pics of our "Test Track" in Nottingham - 17m - 6 LCs 2 crossover straights going in when we get them -

At least we can justify it by being able to "test" digital conversions.

Just doing the separate power supply conversion for the LCs at the moment.

·
David J
3,182 Posts
Like the track, I've admired it through the window on the two occasions I visited the shop on Mansfield Road, Nottingham (Near the Peugeot Garage).

How's that for free advertising.....

Unfortunately on both occasions you were closed....

I'll try again though....

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for that City Celica

We are shut on Sundays (shows normally) and Mondays - Clark (who runs the shop) gets to have 1 day off.

We normally open at 11 (10 on Sats) feel free to come on in for a "test".

·
Registered
17 Posts
It does indeed - we have also been told that quite a few homes' lounges are now covered in track that has to hoovered around

As new bits come out we will try to build them in - sadly there is no space for a pitlane (not with out loosing too much shop floorspace anyway).

Lap counting software going in over the next couple of weeks we will then be able to get an "official" leader board up.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It runs on an L-shaped board (window display) and is about 57ft long.

Current lap record (out of the box car) is about 7.2s (there has been a 6.4s but the car had "doctored" tyres)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, now the Straight Lane Changers are in stock we decided to rip out most of the track and not only put in 2 new SLCs but also wire in all the lane changes to separate SSD power supllies (a max of 4 per power supply should take care pretty much of extreme power demands) - whoever suggested that should be nominatd for a knighthood [services to the slot community].

That now brings us up to 8 LCs over the circuit. - At the moment we are evaluating the "lapcounter" and "slotrack" software - any feedback would be welcome.

If you want to see the track in action click the link below (1.6mb)

Video link (1.6mb)

P.S. Sorry for the advertising in the film.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Any chance of a track diagram (just wondering where the LCs are as I cant see any)

For Software I'd pin my hat on SlotTrak at the moment .. I could never get away with PClapcounter .. However Martin says once its set up it workd very well... SCALE is great for what it does, however it lacks development support now

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.