SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Finally with your help i can show you my track. All the things i´ve learned about slot i thank you all in the forum and somewhere in the internet.

In the beginning...

Some time later...

And later...

And with the big help of my son..

And much time later something happened...

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o53/leb...og/IM001359.jpg

I´ll put more photos one of these days. Meanwhile give me your opinion, ideas and names for the places...

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
The finished track looks amazing - did it all fit on the table that is being built in the first pictures?

I especially like the graffity on the wall under the tunnel, but there are lots of nice touches.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
More pictures only saturday or sunday. To make this track we (me and my son) spend eigth or nine months. We begin construct it in January 06. You know i need work to have money to by some cars and some trees and some sand and some grass and to go on hollidays (some of the rocks came from de Vesuvius - Italy, this past summer) and more recently form some mountains near my house (I live in Portugal) where i went to do orientation BTT. The grass i used come from a coast place known as Melides and it grows in tree pines.

Thanks for your all kind words, they gave me some confidance.

·
Brad Korando / Brad Korando
1,089 Posts
Thanks for the information and I'm looking forward to seeing more pictures. You've made great progress for the amount of time you've worked on it.

Also...you've got the nicest and cleanest garage I've seen! I've been noticing that you all across the Atlantic have some very nice garages. Tile on the floors and walls and doors and ccabinetry that make the garage look more like another room in your house. Our garages here in the USA tend be rather dumpy looking! Gypsum board walls and ceilings and unfinished concrete floors. I think I'm going to have to make some changes to my garage to get rid of my developing case of garage envy!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Brad,

It all depends what you do in your garage. My garage here in the UK what is known as a two and a half car garage and is quite large by UK standards. In the eight years that we have lived in this house one of our two cars has been in the garage once. This is because I use it as a workshop. Like US garages it has a rough concrete floor and rough brick walls. It houses a wide variety of tools and is normally finished off with a thick dusting of sawdust as a result of woood working. When I have a big house project on the go, it also acts as a dumping ground for materials and tools. As a general observation in the UK, garages tend to be used as a store more often than a place to put cars. Those people who use their garage to house their car tend to have tidy garages. For the rest of us, it is a place of varying degrees of chaos. On mainland Europe, where there are more appartments than in the UK, a secure garage is more of a luxury and, if an owner is lucky enough to have one, it is often tiled, well decorated and clean. This is by no means a hard and fast rule but more of an observation.

lebasemog,

I like your track a lot. You've done an excellent job. I've been building a track in my roof during the past few months. My nine year old son has been helping off and on. The dad and son building 'thing' is great, isn't it!

·
Peter Rondel
6,022 Posts
what can I say that's not been said? Its a very very nice track. I'll wait for more pica but am interrested in an overview and table size.
And I thought so, there was something missing from the Vesuvius last summer.....

·
Registered
557 Posts
That track looks great and it is amazing how track seems to breed by itself - 1 minutes there is a temporary 8m track and then the next thing you know there is 20m and you are working on landscaping

The landscaping you have done looks great and is different to anything I have seen so far.

Keep up the great work.

I was lucky enough to visit Portugal earlier this year and it is a very beautiful place and I can see where you got some of your inspiration from.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hello here i´m again.

Some more things about these track. To design it i check that thing we now use a lot, the internet, and i found a little free sofware, "SlotTrackDesigner v 1.1 b2" and after many attempts i choose a circuit

It has 21,2 m long and the table as 3,0 m X 1,6 m.

Now i´ll give you in two pieces a general view of the track. First, the south side

and the north side

·
Peter Rondel
6,022 Posts
I like the hairpins, wow, seen them in spain once or twice, but never on a hometrack! nb, the brickwall bridge seems rather low, can a truck pass underneath??
Real nice way to make a rallytrack, impressed!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for the support.
The bridge is not in brick. It´s the tecnytoys - spanish scx - bridge. Ité red and i don´t like so i found in the net a brick wall, i printed it in self adhesive papel and then i put it tn the bridge. The only thing i want to do in it is to put some rocks in the columns to hide them. But a truck can´t pass under it, i think because i´ve never tried.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.