SlotForum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Martin Kay
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know, is there some box of tricks already available somewhere that will plug in to that RJ45 socket on the SSD powerbase, and output that two line display to a TV screen? An "RJ45 to Scart converter" or something like that (I'm sure it's not that simple but you know what I mean). Just as a temporary measure till Sport World or RMS version 2 comes along. When running with more than about 3 racers we really have very little idea who's winning the race until the end, it's so hard to peer over to check race positions on the powerbase readout while the race is in progress.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
RJ45 connector is commonly used for ethernet LAN (computer networks), so my guess is that this will be used to connect to a PC via a network card. Who knows whether it is to allow the PC to show a larger display, or just to allow firmware updates?

Until there is software available to do this connection, it is a bit pointless to try it, and I could be wrong anyway.

It is very unlikely imho to connect directly to a TV or monitor.

·
Registered
911 Posts
i read somewhere there was gonna be a control tower type thing? that wud b a le to show all 6 cars possitions. dont k now if what i read was true

·
Registered
511 Posts
It's not about the type of connector its about what data is being sent to the AUX socket and in what format. And it's certainly not going to be a VGA signal or whatever so while you could (probably) physically make a cable with an RJ45 on one end and a SCART on the other it wouldn't show anything useful at all on your TV.

You need some software code to interpret the data from the powerbase and display that in a human readable form.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts