Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
I dont think so, do you Synth? There is something a bit fishy about this, the baseplate looks real enough but I'm sure the original Fly E2 Pace car was a lighter blue, this one looks more like an Fly A2 with tampo removed, And guess what it says on the inlay card, A2!! I'm sure our dealer friends will shed more light on this one!

GT

Remember thr fake A15 Venturi's on Ebay last year????

·
Peter Farrell
2,114 Posts
The answer to your question lies in the fact that at the moment no-one has been stupid enough to bid on it.
Alfetta

·
Phil Smith
4,534 Posts
The A2 and the E2 were the same colour blue.

But yes, the inlay card is obviously wrong!

So is the price, value on this if it were genuine would be no more than around $1500, (with the correct card) but then you never know with ebay!

I would say it would have been better to have listed this with no inlay card at all, would not have looked so suspicious.

You cannot actually see whether there is any tampo printing on the side of the car.
But the screen is correct, as the A2 has 'EXON' written across it and this has the correct 'DODGE'

·
Registered
256 Posts
It is also interesting that in the item heading or the item discription he doesent state the reference number of the car so he cannot be held liable etc

he is just selling it as a pace car which is in the end all it is but by the high asking price is clearly trying to con some unsuspecting viper fan into thinking it is the holy grail of fly vipers

but if anyone knows their cars then they clearly wont be taken in by such a scam and any ordinary joe wouldent be spending that sort of cash on a car without doing there homework first !

·
Registered
876 Posts
PAULH - That brings up an interesting question:

What IS the "Holy Grail" of RTR slot cars...and what would you be willing to pay for it?

·
Phil Smith
4,534 Posts
I just had a reply from the seller, apparently he has the correct inlay card for the car, he had not noticed his mistake, but then again the card is the easiest part to fake!!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Wow! Due to Phil's and my observations this item on ebay has now got its right inlay card! However I'm still not convinced its a real one, cant tell you why until I check out a real one next week. Due to your comment Nuro, I'm not sure you've understood what was being discussed here?

GT

·
Registered
329 Posts
Hey there!

Interesting.

Is it just me, or does it look like the wording 'OFFICIAL PACE CAR' is not underlined in the picture on eBay? Try zooming in. It is difficult to tell due to the resolution, or lack thereof.

I ask as it should be underlined, as per Fly's official picture:

Picture Copyright Fly Car Model.

I'm not saying it is fake, there are lots of bad pictures on eBay after all. However, I would be cautious and ask for more pictures of a better quality at the very least.

Julian.

·
Registered
446 Posts
A Fly Porsche 911 GT1 Paginas Amarillas went for just over £1000 recently. I would have guessed that would be $1800?

·
Registered
256 Posts
QUOTE (Da Vols @ 16 Oct 2004, 14:06)PAULH - That brings up an interesting question:

What IS the "Holy Grail" of RTR slot cars...and what would you be willing to pay for it?
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would personally think in my opinion that the FLY VIPER E2
is the holy grail in my eyes but i love vipers and have a few myself

as for what i would pay for one it depends on my situation at the time i think i would pay upto a grand for 1 but i dont know how i would explain this to the wife ?

she would value it a lot less than i do !

·
Registered
146 Posts
For those that have not seen or heard of one of these 1996 Indy Pace Car Vipers, only 200 of these were made. There are a number of slot car collectors and Viper enthusiasts (real cars) that have driven the price up over $1000.

I bought one from Phil, kept it a year and was offered a large (stupid) sum by a Viper owner that had every FLY Viper except that one.

It is worth it? Not to anyone that uses their slot cars but many have been sold two and three times with the price increasing with every sale.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts