SlotForum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Working on my Reims July 4th, 1954, starting grid I have now come to:

Owen Racing Organisation #42 Maserati 250F - Ken Wharton

I have found some good photos of this car, but unfortunately they are all B/W.

So my question comes down to this: What basic colour did this car have?

I have some photo evidence that proofs, that this car was overall dark blue at the British and Spanish GP the same year, so my best guess would be blue in France as well.

But then there is the AUTOSPORT Vol. 9 No. 2 from July 9th, 1954. I quote from page 43: "Wharton was already lapped with the green Owen-entered Maserati"!

Please help!

/Holger

· Registered
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tony - I agree, dark green (BRG) is a safe bet..... But why the h... was this car painted blue during the British and the Spanish GP in 1954? I have photo evidence of this!

Cheers, Holger

· Registered
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mark + Tony - B. Bira was driving his own 250F at Reims that day in 1954. Plenty of photos confirm his 4th place in his light blue/yellow #46 car.

So please keep the focus on a yellow Gordini T16 #30 and a dark blue/or dark green Maserati 250F #42!

Cheers, Holger

· Registered
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Guys - sorry. My photo evidence from British GP is only a diecast model. Please have a look.

http://www.jademiniatures.com/images/pdf/J4316B2.pdf

I know that there is no proof in such a model. Wouldn´t be the first one painted wrong. So I will probably go for a green Owen 250F.

/Holger

· Registered
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Jerry + David - thanks a lot for this last info. And thanks to everyone for their input.

Once again SF has showed its value. Case settled.

/Holger

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.