SlotForum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I'm in the process of building my first ever routed track and now that i have both lanes up and running i am nearing purchase of a lap timing system. I recently started thinking along the lines of later moving to a digital setup in years ahead (potentially once slot.it develops its lane changers as have recently been flagged), but for now i will keep it analogue.

Rather than build a light gantry over the start finish, i was wondering if it is possible to instead install the slot.it oxigen system and software on my PC for timing purposes instead - can anyone provide some guidance in this respect.

Also will i need to chip the cars for it to be effective and would i require the oxigen hand controls for it to work.

I recently bought a second difalco control which was quite expensive and hope i can run anologue mode without the slot.it controller for now.

Thanks,

· Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Mr F,

I feared as much having read it was a magnet based system.

So basic elements required would be the software, dongle, chips and controller. I could then retro fit lane changers at a later stage as the need arises.

Thanks,

· Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Maurizio,

Thanks for your response.

I guess with the dongle, car chips and controller with cartridge, I'll be all set to go with the digital lane changers as well once you have them to market.

If anyone believes there is anything else which I have over looked at the moment, feel free to let me know.

Many thanks,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.