SlotForum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Vendor
3,108 Posts
Hi.
Yes, Chip is correct. In order to make oXigen simpler and more reliable, we dropped the analog LC which required a separate board.
Actually, we DID make and test prototypes of the analog FL (green boards inside the grey box)
but I don't think this is going to happen anytime soon... however, we have not completely dropped the idea either, because it would have the advantage of being wireless.
Let's put it this way: some day we may release a board to do analog FL. But we have no current plans.

Regards
Maurizio

· Vendor
3,108 Posts
QUOTE (SIGMA 51 @ 14 Sep 2012, 11:58) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi
Sorry i am so thick but have asked this question before

I am looking to use a Slot.it controller with a high power cartridge (presumably I would still need to cut the board to eliminate the stutter) working wirelessly at the track from a transmitter in the controller.

I know Mr Flippant has answered this before but I see "FL" mentioned and wonder if this is the part that is required to complete what I need. I am not looking for lap timing but just controlling a slot car wirelessly with a Slot.it controller.

HELP Maurizio please, what will be available?

You need the CRI (Cartridge Radio Interface). It is a radio interface for all SCP-1 cartridges: you plug the cartridge in the track, and plug it into the CRI. On the other end of the chain you need a standard SCP controller with O2 cartridge. Compatible with live Timing box as long as you have a trigger signal from the analog cartridge.
Good news is that we are actively at work, we've got a working prototype and we're designing the PCB. We've got some experience built on oXigen by now
so we're proceeding quickly, and it will go in production, it's not going to be a lab guinea pig. Besides, it'll also work as a stand-alone transmitter for up to four FL triggers back to a same cartridge, by radio. In other words, a radio link from your analog FL to you analog lap counter, to get rid of the cables.
Last, we are also working on a piggy back step-up circuit to power the SCP-1 with 3 AAA rechargeable batteries.

· Vendor
3,108 Posts
QUOTE (90s F1 Kid @ 14 Sep 2012, 13:44) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi Maurizio,

Thanks for your response.

I guess with the dongle, car chips and controller with cartridge, I'll be all set to go with the digital lane changers as well once you have them to market.

If anyone believes there is anything else which I have over looked at the moment, feel free to let me know.

Many thanks,

This is also matter of research - we want to be able to provide a module that can be plugged into routed tracks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.