SlotForum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Vendor
3,108 Posts
I don't know much about the Ninco wall mounted transformer - In general wall mounted transformer are quite weak. Make sure your power supply can provide at least 1A of current for each car.
Other than this, Ninco LCs can be left in the track during analog racing, provided you remove the shorts across tracks that Ninco have as default. In the Modena club we've embedded lane changers and most racing is analog anyway.
The issue you may have is mechanical - but this is true no matter if you race analog or digital: the way the LC is designed, the plastic lining which creates the slot, between rails, is interrupted right in front of the flipper to make room for the flipper's movement. What we've seen happen is that the pickup can collide head on with the gap - with consequences you may imagine. The workaround, which works very well, is to insert a very thin sheet of brass like in the attached picture.

· Vendor
3,108 Posts
QUOTE (bswan72 @ 24 Jan 2012, 17:26) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The N-Digital transformer is regulated. The specs are 3 amps and 14.0 volts DC.

Best regards,
Brian

It should be OK for 3/4 cars with no magnet. You'll probably find that the speed at 14V is too much, but you can reduce top speed to whatever you want with the RMS global settings.

Regards
Maurizio

· Vendor
3,108 Posts
QUOTE (mfogg @ 25 Jan 2012, 15:35) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Can the O2 LC upgrade modules be installed in all four N-Digital LC track sections?

- Straight L-R and R-L?
- Straight XL?
- Curve XL (XLC)?
- Pit lane entrance?

_michael

- Straight L-R and R-L?
Yes
- Straight XL?
Yes
- Pit lane entrance?
Yes
- Curve XL (XLC)?
We haven't tried this one. I'd be surprised if it posed any problems though. If you have one and can send me a picture of the part with the lid removed, I'll be more precise.
Or, as soon as we get one, we'll let you know.

Regards

· Vendor
3,108 Posts
Hi.

whether a system is better than another depends really on many factors, and it's better to let user's comments give you the information you need.

In any case:
"Would it be fair to say that one can build an alternative to ndigital using analog track and all digital pitlanes and lanechange sections?"
Yes. If you have an analog Ninco track, you can convert it to oXigen digital and keep compatibility with analog circuit. Add LC sections, according to our instructions. Ninco's LC remain straight in analog mode so you can still use the analog track in analog mode. Then build a simple jack that must be plugged in the powerbase so that each lane gets full voltage from the power supply. Plug it in, and the track is ready to go in digital mode (PUT A FUSE - so you're protected against leaving a screwdriver across rails, for example. Remember you alway have full power on rails in digital mode). Then popwe on the controllers, put the cars on the track, and off you go. Tired of digital - remove the plugs, and put your controllers in. As simple as that. You need some magnets to do the finish line.

For LC installation, please refer to the O2 manuals

Regards
Maurizio

· Vendor
3,108 Posts
I am not sure I understand the question about the pit lane.
You've understood correctly the concept by using an analog controller and keeping the trigger pulled by a rubber band. I need to look into the Ninco power base to help you. I need some time.

regards
Maurizio

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.