SlotForum banner
101 - 120 of 157 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,040 Posts
The chipping was very easy Marcel. I'll be interested to know how you get along setting the front axle height up, I couldn't get the front wheels low enough to touch he track surface. When I adjusted the front axle height to its lowest setting the axle fowled on the lower suspension struts which stopped it turning freely!!! I resorted to cutting the lower suspension struts off, not ideal. Would you let me know how you get on with it please?

all the best

Dave

·
ParrotGod
9,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #103 ·
Slot.it Maserati GT3

Hood Vehicle Motor vehicle Toy Automotive tire

Because I am using a B2 chip, I did drill another hole in the centreline just below the hole already there for the C chip.

Light Bumper Font Auto part Automotive design

Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle

This car is really a top performer.

Attachments

·
Greg Gaub
15,353 Posts
DPR, meant for quick and EASY installation of the chip into compatible cars (currently, Scalextric, Pioneer, and some 3DP chassis). If you're installing the chip into a car for serious competition, you'll want to do a proper job of it. That said, by setting up a Type-C chip on the slot.it 3DP DPR hatch, you can easily install it without having to take the car apart and do any soldering. Here's my first go at a DPR-ified Type-C chip.

Attachments

·
Greg Gaub
15,353 Posts
Halved the wire lengths on my second one, and used a little glue to hold the plug in place.

I wish there was a Type-C with the DPR connector on the board, like their new Carrera compatible ship, the SP43 that was just announced on their FB page.

Attachments

·
ParrotGod
9,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #106 ·
I like the way you have "embedded" the hall sensor on the hatch but it looks like the chip is offset on one side: is the IR LED still centered?

·
Greg Gaub
15,353 Posts
Yep. That's how it fits on the hatch. I didn't like that, at first, but now that it makes room for the hall sensor on the other side, I'm glad it's off center like that. :)

·
ParrotGod
9,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #108 ·

Attachments

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
Just a little bit of concern over your rear Ferrite-Man .......

Circuit component Automotive tire Electronic instrument Automotive design Gadget

Using just one large piece of heatshrink might cause a short-circuit. It may be safer to to add singular pieces of heatshrink to each of the F-Ms legs before you apply the final cover.

gallery_11296_1731_42309.jpg

Attachments

·
novice jazz player &
6,599 Posts
The use of turned 2.54mm pitch connectors is a nice touch too to enable swap-out of motors and removal for changing gear ratios etc all without further use of a soldering iron... and reversal of the motor direction if desired... very nice touch...

c

·
novice jazz player &
6,599 Posts
Very nice design thinking... the turned pin connectors are more expensive than standard header pins and sockets ... and higher current ratings... so by definition... better :thumbsup:

c

#letskeeplearningfromeachother

·
ParrotGod
9,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #114 ·
For those with lack of racing experience...This car is my own racing rig and will be maintained/cleaned/repaired by me.

If I expected to have more people to access the car (eg, endurance races), a simple dab of red paint on the plastic part of the connectors would make the polarity and chip swap easy as and reduce the possibility of the car going backwards when put on the track.

·
ParrotGod
9,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #115 ·
How do you like the Pendle chassis , is it a rigid or flexible plastic ?
The chassis is very rigid compared to other 3dp chassis but not more rigid than a standard slot.it chassis.

On my Scalex Sport track it works really well. I assume that on carrera and wood would be also nice.

On a ninco track I might go for a ProSpeed chassis which is a bit more flexible.

Overall, I am very happy that I got this chassis - heck, I almost got it before my first Vantage arrived. ;-)

Highly recommended!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I might be moving to an oxigen platform, and I am just wondering. Has anyone here chipped a classic NSR SW car, like the 917 or the gt40? And in thet case, where do you put the chip, and which chip do you use?

·
ParrotGod
9,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #117 ·
I have chipped the 917 with the slot.it SP15 which is their chip for the SSD.

Installation wise it is pretty straightforward on the chassis. The main issue is the big cylindrical capacitor: for this you will have to chop a bit the interiors.

I would go for the C1 chip for this install which has the same footprint and the SP15.

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
Scalextric BMW E30 M3 with PCR chassis

WHckIWIl.jpg

The car is very narrow. I've installed a C1 chip, on the Slot.it bay lid.

1siUp0El.jpg

I've use thinner wire than the orginal for the lights. There connected to the pick-up power, so permanently lit.

I've tried to have a neat cable management in the tiny space. I use liquid tap to stick every thing on the chassis.

8CxuYiXl.jpg

Still missing the rear where that I will receive this coming week.

·
Greg Gaub
15,353 Posts
I agree. That was the best thing they did in ages.

But, if they keep with the inline chassis and half interior, that leaves the door open for third party chassis without having to do surgery on the body/interior. I'm not sure if the slot.it store on shapeways is keeping up with the Scalextric molds, but at least someone can.

Great install, Atobit! I can't see clearly from the photo, but be sure that the hall effect sensor is parallel to the track. If it's at an angle, it might not detect the magnetic field reliably.

101 - 120 of 157 Posts