SlotForum banner
121 - 140 of 157 Posts

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
Policar Modern F1

I've been trying to place a chip C on the Policar Modern F1 digital chassis.

It has a dedicated space but found I could not place the chip properly.

The reason is that is is missing the hole for the Carrera sensor.

The dot mark on the below picture was made pressing the chip in the chassis.

Tfy8vS0.jpg

Once a 2mm hole is drilled the sensor fit well on the chassis.

jukhSOQ.jpg

Using liquid tape, I placed the sensor strip as low as possible so there is no interference with the body.

Does the sensor strip must be place in a specific direction, or it doesn't matter?

uPYygc7.jpg

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
Lo siento si no entiendo bien lo que dijiste.
En mi caso, sin el orificio extra, el chip no se puede enganchar en el chasis.

I'm sorry if I dont't underdstand well what you said.
In my case, whithout the extra hole, the chip cannot be clipped on the chassis.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Ya me decía mi madre que aprendiera inglés. Gracias al traductor lo he entendido. Te referías ha encajar el chip en las patillas del chasis. Como nunca lo he echo ni pensaba en eso. Tengo el F1 desde que salió a la venta y aún no lo he oxigenado.

·
ParrotGod
9,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #128 ·
As long as the Hall sensor is facing the chassis the direction of the strip does not matter.

If you check my 1/24 installation, the strip is perpendicular to the direction of travel.

·
Greg Gaub
15,353 Posts
At first I thought you trimmed the PCB a LOT, but then I noticed you have it turned around from the normal direction, so that it fits. Clever!

·
ParrotGod
9,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #134 ·
It took me a while to figure out that it was the B chip mounted the other way around.

If you would trim those green wires it will make the install even neater.

Have you put the IR LED on leads? If you are rely on the one chip, I think it is too far back from the guide to give you reliable lane changing.

·
Registered
79 Posts
At first I thought you trimmed the PCB a LOT, but then I noticed you have it turned around from the normal direction, so that it fits. Clever!
As it is said in these cases ..... that is natural wear 😅

It took me a while to figure out that it was the B chip mounted the other way around.
If you would trim those green wires it will make the install even neater.
Have you put the IR LED on leads? If you are rely on the one chip, I think it is too far back from the guide to give you reliable lane changing.
Well the green cables are long because I was testing and if they broke I didn't want to have to take everything apart. Once tested, I saw that it worked perfectly and it stayed that way. No, the infrared led is not on, there were more than 200 laps in the club circuit and not a single lane change failed, which surprised us, but did not fail.

·
Registered
79 Posts
It's a piece of X-ray with a pilot attached. When I bought the car they didn't sell the Lexan (I don't know if it's already on sale). When putting the chip, I had to remove the pilot because it did not fit (I think, I do not remember). Until we do a championship I will not know if it will be valid or if the lexan or the original will have to be put on. I only put it in order not to leave the chip in sight.

·
ParrotGod
9,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #139 ·
It looks really good. IF you are going to do a digital championship then I think something has to be done for the driver because it will not fit the chip installed.

121 - 140 of 157 Posts