SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

a few weeks ago we started organizing digital test days at SRC eindhoven with the Slot it Oxigen system.
For this I used the Oxigen dongle from the club itself. After some research, I was able to install the drivers on the computer with windows 10. Everything worked as it should.

To further learn the system and future projects, I bought myself a dongle.
Plugged this in the computer, and started to try some stuff...

The communication between the controller and the car works as it should work.
Each time passing the magnets, an L appears on the controller. But no lap time on Chrono...

My setup:
- 12V on a Ninco piece
- 12V on the slot it controller
- Car equipped with B1 chip. ( car just came back from the Rockingham event, so it's provided with the latest firmware )
- Oxigen dongle equipped with the latest firmware 3.10
- CN01 magnets underneath the ninco track for lap timing.

I already tried:
- another ID
- another PC

- another car

It looks like the communication between the controller and the dongle won't work...
Even tried the bootloader, but can't connect to the controller or the chip to check the firmware installed over there.

Do I overlook something? Has anyone had these problems yet?
Would love to hear your advice!

·
Registered
289 Posts
For me it sounds like the Hall sensor or the magnets are not polarized correct. At the controller you can see an indicator when the car either pass SF or pit-in. Check that as step one. I dont think this is related to the dongle.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Arg sorry i did not saw that you already have done this. Is All devices updated with the latest firmware versions. And Can you stop start a race.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
For me it sounds like the Hall sensor or the magnets are not polarized correct. At the controller you can see an indicator when the car either pass SF or pit-in. Check that as step one. I dont think this is related to the dongle.
Hi Martin, thanks for thinking along with me!

The magnets and hall sensor works perfectly. South pole up, hall sensor at the good position.
My telemetry box plays my very consistent lap times.
tongue.png
And the controller displays a 'L' every time crossing the line.

<a></a>

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Arg sorry I did not saw that you already have done this. Is All devices updated with the latest firmware versions. And Can you stop start a race.
All devices are updates. B1 chip, controller, dongle. It looks like a failing communication between the dongle and controllers.
I'll try another dongle this weekend.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have similar problem only with Pc Lapcounter. Pc lap counter wont communicate with dongle.

Dongle is updated to v3.10 via BootLoader. Chrono is also communicating with dongle. I can run a car without any RMS software started and change lanes (Scalextric Sport Digital APB c7042)

Pc Lapcounter just keeps swithcing between COM7 and COM8 port. Dongle is at COM8.
Pc Lapcounter is newest version 5.43
I have checked the box "dongle is v.210 or above"

2 times I have been lucky to communicate with pc lapcounter but I dont know what did the trick.

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
I have similar problem only with Pc Lapcounter. Pc lap counter wont communicate with dongle.

Dongle is updated to v3.10 via BootLoader. Chrono is also communicating with dongle. I can run a car without any RMS software started and change lanes (Scalextric Sport Digital APB c7042)

Pc Lapcounter just keeps swithcing between COM7 and COM8 port. Dongle is at COM8.
Pc Lapcounter is newest version 5.43
I have checked the box "dongle is v.210 or above"

2 times I have been lucky to communicate with pc lapcounter but I dont know what did the trick.
I've had this happen with PCLC when moving the dongle to a different USB port. The driver maps a new com port for each USB port. You should be able to go into windows device and delete one of the USB com ports.

Assign the original com port and you should be good to go.

Try to use the same USB port for the dongle each time.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi folks,

a few weeks ago we started organizing digital test days at SRC eindhoven with the Slot it Oxigen system.
For this I used the Oxigen dongle from the club itself. After some research, I was able to install the drivers on the computer with windows 10. Everything worked as it should.

Meanwhile my problem has been solved. Returned the malfunctioning dongle, and got a new one. All sorted with this one.

·
ParrotGod
7,911 Posts
Hey, although Slot.it delivers excellent hardware, sometimes bad lemons happen...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hello,

I have almost the same problem.

I can't connect any cars or controllers to O2 Chrono RMS or to the Bootloader.

The Dongle is well recognized ( i can update it from the bootloader - i tried 3.10 and 3.11) and seems to be functionnal (LEDs are working and reacting)

My controllers are ARCPro with the lastest O2 firmware.My car chips are type c (don't know the firmware)

Everything is fine without the dongle...

Windows 10

Anybody can help me?

·
Vendor
2,926 Posts
Hi Maui - are you the same person I'm communicating with via email?

Just to know - because if not, now I have two cases to look into, otherwise only one, on Bootcamp for Mac.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts