SlotForum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Greg Gaub
15,717 Posts
Install Chrono.

It doesn't make sense, but for some reason, something about the LabView install that it does is what the bootloader(s) are looking for.

·
Greg Gaub
15,717 Posts
The oXigen USB "dongle" is the device that handles all the communication between the controllers/cars and the PC race management, or hardware management, software. Without it, you cannot race oXigen cars using oXigen software for 20 cars on the track at once. It's not a requirement to have the dongle, or any of these things, if you're using your oXigen hardware as SSD, though.

·
Greg Gaub
15,717 Posts
After you click update driver, if it won't let you search for drivers and find the oXigen driver, then you may need follow the guide on the certificate and driver install again. With that, it shouldn't be necessary to manually install the driver.

But, if that's not working, then see if you can "browse" for the driver files somehow. I just did this on my freshly updated Win 10 pc for my track, and all the expected options were there, but it seems like your Windows isn't giving you the manual installation options.

·
Greg Gaub
15,717 Posts
Without a load of testing, here's the sequence that I would recommend for best results.

- Install the certificate and drivers per the slot.it docs.

- install Chrono and Bootloader

- Plug in the USB dongle.

Windows should then use the slot.it driver, but if you plug it in before installing the driver and software, it will certainly do what it does and install some generic driver that doesn't work, and get you into the above spiral of annoyance. The hard part is not plugging the USB dongle in straight away, but waiting until after you've done the driver and software installations. The software installations may not be necessary, but I feel like users tend to want to get to it asap, and will want to just plug in the dongle and install Bootloader, then get hit by Windoze stupidity.

·
Greg Gaub
15,717 Posts
I would definitely suggest using the latest bootloader.
The app isn't that hard to use, but it has its own quirks due to the million and one phones/tablets on the market.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts