SlotForum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The header is a very curious title. A combination of many extremes. As far asmy knowledge goes and the information I have got, all these combinations have not been done before. It all started when I started driving on my Carrera track with Oxigen...when this worked I thought I see more possibilities.
Carrera lC integrate into wood, this would work, but will I get a chip in a Ninco Rally Raid?? and would sending a signal from the chip to Carrera LC's eye pick it up, given these cars are much higher on the tires?
Given the Covid Year I got all the time (club closed) and eventually the members of Slipstream Holland were able to ride the first trial on this new track on 16-07-2021..and successfully, found a few small improvements..but a lot had fun.

see the film on you tube; slightly less qualitative than the mobile phone

·
ParrotGod
9,270 Posts
Freaking brilliant Henri! The track looks really nice, I really like the layout.
The music in background not so much! ;-)
Lot's of questions from me:
  • What software did you use for counting laps?
  • Are the lane changers only carrera? Or you have also Ninco lane changers?
  • Are you running pure oXigen now or is a carrear hybrid?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the compliments. The music is an official theme of a Dakar race ever..that's why ..lol

the software is pc lapcounter: Pc Lap Counter - Slot racing software - Lap Timer - Lap Counter - timing software
There are 4 Carrera LC switches, you cannot combine systems.
I think they call it Carrera Hybrid, the commands come through the air to the chip and not through the track as Carrera does.
However, the software on the chip does see the switch eyes of the lc Carrera.

greetings Henri

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What a great track! And the video is fun to watch. What sort of building are you in?
thanxxx!!

I don't know the word in english.. shed???
it was an old pigs stable
2 years ago I had a building built behind my house of 21 meters by 11 meters and 7 meter high, with a 1st floor in it. That's my man cave

·
ParrotGod
9,270 Posts
Just to clarify: if you are running in hybrid mode then you need to have a carrera powerbase on the track? Otherwise I do not see how the lane changers get activated unless you have changed the electronics in the switches.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just to clarify: if you are running in hybrid mode then you need to have a carrera powerbase on the track? Otherwise I do not see how the lane changers get activated unless you have changed the electronics in the switches.
Computer Personal computer Netbook Laptop Touchpad

yes you are absolutely right i have the power base (cu) under the track it is only connected to the LC of carrera so no short circuits ect. port 4 always activated

·
ParrotGod
9,270 Posts
Thanks Henri. That was something that I had in mind as well: connect the LCs to the power base and run DC on the rails from an adjustable PSU.
But then decided to bite the bullet and got myself oXigen lane changer drivers and installed 20 of them the past summer.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Henri. That was something that I had in mind as well: connect the LCs to the power base and run DC on the rails from an adjustable PSU.
But then decided to bite the bullet and got myself oXigen lane changer drivers and installed 20 of them the past summer.
I thought I read your story somewhere on the forum, you could score LC oxigen cheaply.
That's great, this way you can drive on all oxygen tracks.
At the moment I'm saving Nico track parts (hard to come by) the LC runs shorter and nicer, so that I can convert it to oxigen lc later, a new adventure for a new track..I'm curious

·
ParrotGod
9,270 Posts
Yes, I had a good deal with the oxigen driver. My dream track would be a 4 lane carrera so that we can run 1/24 GT3/GTLM cars.
One day... ;-)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts