SlotForum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Greg Gaub
15,353 Posts
I've gotten fully capable Android "pay as you go" phones for as little as $20 brand new. It's certainly not much of a hurdle.

That said, while some people are more or less forgiving of the current situation, I have no doubt that slot.it are working on a solution and want their app to work on as many devices as possible. Their app has been out on both platforms for a while already, and continues to improve.

Hopefully those who have given up on oXigen will find what they are looking for elsewhere.

·
ParrotGod
9,270 Posts
MSM, I think you are jumping to conclusions too quickly. First off, I do not see any "ardent defenders" here. I think many slot.it/oXigen users are here to help others and some of us are fervent critics of the system. Most of us have want to genuinely help slot.it to make the system as good as it could be mainly because we are users ourselves and we want to play with a nice toy.

It seems absurd that I have to explain this, but I was clearly joking when I said that "apples are for cakes" or whatever. I do not like Apple - that is a fact - but I have never said that the fact that the app is not working on an apple device that is a fault of the device - although there are some weird stuff going on with location service and BT. The slot.it app is far from perfect (both Android and Apple versions) but it can be made to work. In fact, the user here was able to use his Apple device (never mind that was another device from his first attempts) to register the chip. Sure, it took some time and effort but in the end it worked.

But I agree that Slot.it have to spend more resources to fix their app if they want to keep going with this registration process which is becoming a bottleneck for many new users.
Developing apps is not a simple task considering how fragments the hardware market is.
I think they are more than aware of this - they do not need any fervent critic to tell them that this product is not on par with the quality expected by them. Has I have learned to appreciate with SLot.it over time, they listen - they do not try to hide from feedback even if it is not flattering - and it is just a matter of time before things will get sorted.

And finally, what the heck have you been doing struggling more with the software than racing? We have been racing with oXigen/RCSO2 for more than a year now without any major issues. People in EU have done some large events as well. So I do not see why you need to waste so much time with the software.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 · (Edited)
i can also attest to slot its great customer service. i spent a couple of hours on facebook messager going backwards and forwards working out this issue and another one where i put my controller into a program mode and it was stuck there. we worked it out and then they updated the manual! just like that!

21 - 24 of 24 Posts